Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Been a few days

VCP changed over to a new server last week and wanted to see how it has been performing for all of you. Do you find everything going along a lot faster then before? If you are getting any hang ups where are they occurring? The move is almost 100% complete we still have to move the images over and then fine tune the scripts.

Appreciate the feedback.

Comments

• Options
    Working fine for me... but I think you guys should look into compensating the paying members for time the site was down, might be a show of good faith to have a 25% discount for next month’s rates. I know it was not down for long but any down time in the internet world seems like an eternity!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're worried its not working right check 1933 Goudey No. 89 Tris Speaker PSA 5 and post the results here.
    Thanks. image
  • Options
    Bobby, the sight is flying. Good job!!
  • Options
    mmync, are you one of the individuals who regularly encountered slowness on the site and have seen a definite improvement now?

Heck, Bobby is even being less cantankerous these days.

If VCP has definitely addressed the performance issues, I would consider subscribing again at the silver level.

Snorto~

• Options

<< <i>mmync, are you one of the individuals who regularly encountered slowness on the site and have seen a definite improvement now?

Heck, Bobby is even being less cantankerous these days.

If VCP has definitely addressed the performance issues, I would consider subscribing again at the silver level.

Snorto~ >>

Yes, I was one of the people that was bashing the site. But the sight has been a lot faster lately, and it hasn't been hanging at all.
  • Options
    I hate your site and will never use it again, due to past problems and poor CS. I found a new group of collectors that gather and share all of your data for free. Our group has 20+ exmembers from many MBs, keep up the subpar work!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate your site and will never use it again, due to past problems and poor CS. I found a new group of collectors that gather and share all of your data for free. Our group has 20+ exmembers from many MBs, keep up the subpar work! >>

As many problems as there may have seen to been with VCP and speed, they are showing that they are committed to resolving the issues even it it takes longer than people want. Everyone has their opinions regarding price structure or whatever else about VCP but there really isnt a need for a statement like that to rub Bobby's nose in it.

Im not a supporter or nonsupporter of VCP, in fact, I cancelled my subscription due to the price increase. Fine, so be it ...and people can complain all they want. I just dont get the slap in the face. It's pretty low class IMO.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate your site and will never use it again, due to past problems and poor CS. I found a new group of collectors that gather and share all of your data for free. Our group has 20+ exmembers from many MBs, keep up the subpar work! >>

what a jackass
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

So you won't PAY for the service, but you'll gladly pirate and share the information. Aren't you and your 20+ members from MANY message boards just the shining examples of all that is great in this hobby.

I am a member. I pay for the service. I get annoyed...often. It seems better at the moment, but I'll wait and see. Will I renew at the current prices when my subscription expires? That's still up in the air, but one thing is for certain, I wouldn't join a group that siphons or pirates information.

Reading some of skilow's posts, it's obvious he prefers not to pay for anything. He uses BGS because he won't pay the PSA membership, he won't use VCP because of the price increase, he suggests starting a group to share VCP's information (to lower the cost per user), he can't wait until somone "borrows" the information and sells it cheaper, yada, yada, yada.
  • Options
    I hate your site and will never use it again, due to past problems and poor CS. I found a new group of collectors that gather and share all of your data for free. Our group has 20+ exmembers from many MBs, keep up the subpar work!

Hate is a very strong word, relax a little bit. I personally really like the site. I've saved ton's of money using it as a more accurate guide of recent realized prices. Before I hit the Buy-It-Now on Ebay I always check the VCP price.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

Wow, what a knob.

The easiest way to fix this Bobby is to require the user (s) to register their IP address or MAC with your site. Allow two or three per user account and this knob has to start paying or at least you truly messed with their conniving ways.
  • Options
    Bobby, The site is working great!

Skillow, You're a jackass!
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Skilow, representing the steelers well. The dude is the biggest feminine hygiene product around these parts.

The site is running fine on my end.
  • Options

So if I understanding this correctly you and 20 other people are basically stealing from VCP... Please let me know who the 20+ other people are so I can avoid them as well as you!
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    It seems that skilow has little trouble with being on the low road. The dude has probably "slipped" @ Wal-Mart or has "found" countless objects in his meals at restaurants. He makes me ill.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    It worked well over the weekend.

Texas Burgundy
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    WOW that hurts.

I have always taken pride in answering all questions and fixing problems as fast as humanly possible. I agree that I have made some errors in my words and lack of being tactful but have always tried to be honest with the information I have on hand.

I greatly appreciate the feed back and glad every ones experience is now been greatly improved that was our goal. And it should only get better as we tighten on the crons and script to run on different channels now that we have a Quad core processor.

In regards to members access only one person can use the site at a time with each membership. So if they give it to multiple people it will log the person out as another logs in. Yes we police the different IP's and generally allow 3-4 per membership because we take into consideration they log in from home and office and usually a couple of other places.

Again thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    The site is running very quickly now the best I have seen it run. Hoping it stays that way.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I have is that I have to log in 3 or 4 times before it finally accepts it. Not a big deal. I don't know if this is a common problem.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    shagrotn77,

By chance are you an AOL user? If so the problem is that AOL changes IP's all the time it this creates havoc with the site because a cookie is placed with your IP. And every time you log back into the site it reads the coolie to verify your IP. If you are using the AOL browser you would have a better experience on the site if you switch to IE or Firefox.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And every time you log back into the site it reads the coolie to verify your IP. >>

I don't want ANYONE or ANYTHING reading my "coolie!"

Seriously, when I log in from a different source (laptop, road, work, office, etc.) I always have an issue when I return home and log-in through AOL. I just open up IE and log-in then later, when I return to AOL, it's fine. Give that a try Andy...