Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

newps and Houston coin show report (large pics)

The Pasadena (Tx) Coin Club had their fall show this weekend. It is a small to mid size show with most local dealers.

I think they have at least three dealers that specialize in world coins and one or two that feature ancients.

The world coins were getting their fair share of attention. I actually had to wait in line about 10 minutes to get to the dealer I wanted. It was worth it. I made a few 8 reale purchases and passed on a couple of offers. The market for nice stuff seems to be holding.

I visited the other dealers and saw some nice stuff but I held onto some funds for future purchases, safe holding etc. Most of the world material is raw but there were more coins in holders than in the past.

The toughest part about world coins is seeing an interesting coin but not having much pricing information available and then not having the time and resources to get more familiar with the coin.

Here are a couple of the purchases
1854 Mo GC, it is a common coin hard to pass up with the strike and the mirrors.

imageimage

1886 HO FG, reverse (cap) looks unc with the obverse (eagle) AU.

imageimage

Comments

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I missed the show, just got back from a hunting trip tonight. But I'll definately make the Money Show on the 5th.
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like those cap and rays 8 reales.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Very Nice! I have a few of those 8 reales I have been accumulating around here... I really do not collect them but they just seem to call out to me for adoption. If you have any duplicate children for sale or trade keep me in mind, I may be able to provide a home to those poor little orphans.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, the luster on that 1854-Mo is gaudy... and I mean that in a good way.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.