Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cards I am sending for grading........

Very new to grading so please critique. Here are the 1st three I plan to send. Other pics to be posted:

Comments

• the next two:

• CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    The left to right centering is as follows

Ryan 48 / 52
    Johnson 50 / 50
    Griffey 50 / 50

Not really sure what points of reference to measure top to bottom

The Ryan looks as though it has a small knick on the bottom
    I say
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • the last two for now

The 75 Ryan left to right is 35/65
    85 Fleer Roidboy

left to right 49/51
    top to bottom 46/54
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    unless you think they are 10's you can buy the 89 Fleer cards for less then the grading cost. Judging by CT's centering count I would only submit the Johnson. Either way may all your cards be 10's!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    1975 Ryan may get a qualifier, and may not be worth sending in. As for the 1975 Schmidt, is that softness on the bottom right corner? If so, combined with the blue booger, it is probably another card not worthy of submission.

Good luck
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • I guess that answers the question that unless they are rock solid 10's never submit a card that is worth less than the grading fee? That was my assumption initially but......

Thanks for the responses.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't sub any of those cards.

Robb
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Save your money and look for other cards to grade.

Of the cards shown IMO only the Clemens and the Johnson are worth grading.

The Johnson only because it is the corr err and his rookie and the Clemens because it too is a rookie.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Steve

Good for you.
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Submit what you want. You will learn the process better. You can pick up some of these cards cheaper than the grading fee. I'd submit the Clemens, 75 Ryan and Johnson RC.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    There are a number of 1989 Fleer Nolan Ryan cards available on Ebay in PSA 10 Grade for $15. Given the risk of not getting a 10 [and losing money], and the exceptionally limited upside of paying the grading fees and getting a 10, why bother is an appropriate response.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Save your money. Iwouldn't bother with any of them.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    If you are grading them for your own collection (protection) have at it. If you are looking to profit, step away from the packing tape.
  • I agree with others if you are looking to make money I would not sub, but if this is for your own collection then by all means sub away.

Good luck and may you get many 10'S