Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just got the most interesting E-Mail from MrPaseo!!!

OK, gather around kiddies, I have a story to tell!!

A few years back Mr Paseo (Ray), took a Mad Marty weenie coin out to the range and shot it! He then sent the slab back to me, well as you all know I can be a bit of a smart ass every once in a while so when the slab arrived I called NGC and talked to Rick Montgomery and asked a simple question. If a slab and coin in a NGC holder were damaged can I send it in and have NCS reholder it? He stated yes, so I sent it in. Well, I never received the coin back from NGC, a guess after the graders finished laughing they hung the coin on the wall of shame! So I lost my coin. Well now coming home from Iraq (Yes, it was shot in Iraq). I present our own sharpshooters replacement "shot in the ass weenie coin"!!!

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    I doubt if CAC would sticker that coin.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I doubt if CAC would sticker that coin. >>

How about this one!!!

• Options
    Aw, you shouldn't have told us about Ray shooting it. That spoiled it.
    You could have made up a cool story about how some soldier over there got this one from a family member and carried it in his shirt pocket.
    You could go on about how he got caught up in a firefight and was shot but the slabbed weeniecoin saved his life by taking the shot in the butt, so he didn't take it in the heart.
    Oh well, it's too late to make up a fantastic story now. We know the truth.
    At least Ray Paseo had the decency not to take away his manhood.

Ray
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    If you look at how the guy is standing it looks like he is reacting to the shot in the @$$, not bad from a half mile doncha think? image
  • Options

<< <i>If you look at how the guy is standing it looks like he is reacting to the shot in the @$$, not bad from a half mile doncha think? image >>

One hell of a shot!!!image

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a bad shot
    but they missed
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    great shot ray image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to self....

DO NOT pi$$ off MrPaseo...

Great story AND great shot !
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to think Ray could have created the first Mad Marty WeenieLess Coin by moving in 100 yards.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wound is too small in caliber to be from a military weapon. I think some one is either pulling your weenie, or else the shooter is carrying an unauthorized weapon over there.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

<< <i>That wound is too small in caliber to be from a military weapon. I think some one is either pulling your weenie, or else the shooter is carrying an unauthorized weapon over there. >>

I have no reason to question Ray on this one. There were more pics... But due to security I can't post them... But I do hear that Gitmo is nice this time of year!!! image

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the smell of an AUCTION in the morning. image

Nice shot Ray!
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That wound is too small in caliber to be from a military weapon. I think some one is either pulling your weenie, or else the shooter is carrying an unauthorized weapon over there. >>

having watched the military channel for some time
    military rifles are small caliber, high velocity these days.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .223cal has been standard M-16 series ammo all the way back to Viatman.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    <<<not bad from a half mile doncha think?>>>

amazing...makes me wonder how you could assemble a holed type set by range and calibur that might drop some jaws

goodthing you're on our side too

and marty...ya would think if ncs knew tha story of that being a 1/2 mile shot...you'd get yer coin back as they may not chance being on that someones hit list
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    It's good to hear that Ray is doing well.
  • Options
    Just as an FYI, Ray has just a little over 30 days and he's back HOME!!!!image

• Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic!image
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Holey Weinie!

That's a beauty, Marty...thanks for sharing.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Note to self....

DO NOT pi$$ off MrPaseo...

Great story AND great shot ! >>

And dont carry a madmarty coin in pocket he does not like them. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    The M16 fires a 5.56mm ball round copper coated round. I assure you, if I could carry my own weapon over here, I would. Until then, I will have to use what they give me.

This was hit with iron sites from 50Yards. I could hit a lot further but they do not allow me to shoot outside the range unless it's a bad guy...

If I put a 68 on... forget it, I can hit three rounds on a dime.

I do not know why I can shoot well, I just ge into a zone. I don't have any special training.

Ray
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a strongly worded note to NGC stating that the coin wasn't a gift to them, and that you'd like it in an NCS "Proof Details - Holed in Iraq" or "... Holed at 60 paces" holder might get your coin back. You did pay for return shipping, right?

Pretty cool, though.
  • Options

<< <i>I think a strongly worded note to NGC stating that the coin wasn't a gift to them, and that you'd like it in an NCS "Proof Details - Holed in Iraq" or "... Holed at 60 paces" holder might get your coin back. You did pay for return shipping, right?

Pretty cool, though. >>

No, never paid for any shipping other than getting it there. If they want it on the wall, that is fine with me... I'll have another coming soon.

• Options
    Someone actually toyed with the idea of having someone slab it with the stats, something like

Soldiers Name, Caliber, shot at certain location, and distance.

To be printed on the slab. Of course the coin would have to be sent from Iraq and have the Iraq postage on it.

It's an interesting thought but I'm not sure anyone (TPG) would feel comfortable holdering such a coin. I would deffinantly like to have one slabbed for memorabilia.

Thanks everyone for posting,
    Ray
  • Options
    When I return to Fort Campbell and get myself behind an M4 I am going to try to tape up a slab and drop a round through it. Most of the back of the slab is blown off and as you can see the front cracks pretty bad. I would like to hit a slab and still have the slab intact.

We have some 100MPH tape, it's strong but the stickiness will not stick to the slab. Hopefully this will buffer it enough so I can hit the coin, pull the tape off and the slab will still be in one piece.

Just thinking about the future, we call it forward thinking image
    Ray
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i always think of 2 people with weatherbys commercial saying "sorry masterlock..it's a weatherby"

and you are one of umimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed it by *that* much !
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Jeez, i thought that the coin was placed on a detainees head and the marks man (mrpasseo) was blindfolded at 500 yards. Story has gone downhill in 2 pages.image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    Just a couple of comments.

1. This is the funniest post I've seen in a long time. Thanks! imageimage
    2. Ray, thank God you're on our side!
    3. You answered this question a couple of posts up: It's an entry wound not an exit wound.

Cheers!

"Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file