Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just received 12 obw 1958 Lincoln rolls

Got these for around $12 apiece. They look like original rolls. Got them form Northeast Numismatics. Thought it would be fun. What is the best way to handle the rolls/coins should I decide to break a few rolls up? You know, cotton gloves tweezers etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Use cotten gloves. I wouldn't recommend tweezers because you might damage a coin accidentally. Even using plastic tongs would be too tedious and time-consuming.

Chris
  • Options
    Thanks Chris. Kind of what i was thinking also.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Chris. Kind of what i was thinking also. >>

You're welcome!

Point to ponder: While I am not a Lincoln collector per se, I do have 3 - $50 bags of "pre-zinc" Philly Lincoln's (2 - 1974 & 1 - 1980) that I am casually! searching for varieties and/or errors. I've had these bags for about 2 years, and I have only managed to check about 1300 of the 1980's. Now, picture me sorting through 15,000 of these with a pair of plastic tongs. Right!

Chris
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I think you're the one who beat me to the punch on these.

I was seriously considering picking these up too. Congrats and hve fun image
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Been looking for a 1958 Lincoln in PCGS 65/66 RB forever. image
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to a site like coppercoins.com and familiarize yourself with what to look for, PUP's for example.
    I do not handle coins with gloves but use my bare hands carefully.
    Open the roll over a pad, like a mouse pad or felt pad so the coins are protected from rim bumps
    and take your time. Many a good variety was missed because you get on a roll ( image
    and don't give each coin the time it deserves.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    Let us know if you find a DDO-001. image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses. Probably go through some of them on a snowy day which should be soon. Also Northeast looked like they had more of these in case anyone is interested.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file