Home Sports Talk
Options

Who has the best defense in college football?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been watching OU and OSU going back and forth, scoring at will and was wondering are there any teams with a great defense this year. I don't follow college FB real close but seems like the offenses really dominate.
I'd like to see some defense in the National Title game.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree with Alabama and USC AS MY TOP TWO

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Alabama and USC >>

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely USC and Alabama, with Florida coming in a distant 3rd.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I'd like to see some defense in the National Title game. >>

The national title game will actually take place next Saturday at 4pm.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Is it Bama's D or a cupcake schedule?

Me thinks the later!

Sincerely,
    The SEC Championship game
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone paid attention to TCU's defense? In fact, TCU has only two losses on the season (#3 Oklahoma and #6 Utah - both on the road) while defeating #18 BYU. They held Oklahoma and Utah to their season low in points.

USC had a defense that could probably shut down a few of the teams that play on Sunday...

#1. USC
    #2. TCU
  • Options
    How about the Iowa defense being in the top ten?

• Options

<< <i>Has anyone paid attention to TCU's defense? In fact, TCU has only two losses on the season (#3 Oklahoma and #6 Utah - both on the road) while defeating #18 BYU. They held Oklahoma and Utah to their season low in points.

USC had a defense that could probably shut down a few of the teams that play on Sunday...

#1. USC
    #2. TCU >>

USC's run defense actually gave up more yards at home to Notre Dame then Syracuse's run defense let up againts ND in South Bend.

So I say Syracuse has a better run defense then USC. They actually gave up less yards to ND then USC did.

USC plays absolutely NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE.

They had the week off before and after the tOSU game. tOSU was pathetic then, waiting until late in the 3rd quarter to score
    their first touchdown against Ohio University at home in their first game.

USC has not been tested, and will not get tested against Penn State either. USC should think about playing in the Ivy League next
    year. The competition will be a bit better then the Pathetic 10.
  • Options

<< <i>How about the Iowa defense being in the top ten? >>

Yes.

• Options
    I think USC and Penn State makes for a great game... USC played some good teams and for the most part they dominated and are worthy of respect.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Mizzou has the worst defense in college football.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    USC hands down. Don't believe the hype about the Pac 10 being so bad this year. Most people that comment on here have never watched USC play. Just the highlights. I have watched several games along with several 'bama and Fla games among others. $C is by far the best defense. Have only seen a few minutes of TCU so can't comment on them.