this guy is just as bad as the 707 guy Text
Bill
looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
sets in progress
R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009

Comments

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    50s card, pop 33, only 2 graded higher(both PSA 9), yankees

I dont think he is on crack at all. I dont think its a bargain but I also dont think he is completely out of line. He can ask what he wants for it. In the economy right now, I dont think anyone will pay that. Cards have sold for crazier prices.
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Keep in mind that vintage Mantles, PSA 8s and above, are highly sought for Registry Sets.

Also, there's been a huge premium placed on PSA 8s and 9s, especially in the past 6-7 months.

The economy doesn't deter a serious vintage Mantle or Ruth collector from spending big bucks for a card he/she wants.

As Yankeeno7 mentioned above, a seller can ask whatever price he/she wants, but memorylaneinc and 707sportscards are not your everyday sellers. These guys know that they will eventually find that elusive Registry Owner, Impulse or Novice buyer; they're not out looking to give someone a buy of a lifetime. They can afford to keep relisting the card until it eventually sells. Just checkout their feedbacks from others and look at the prices they've received from recent buyers.

On crack? Not at all .... they're high on a $ image

PoppaJ
  • These guys know that they will eventually find that elusive Registry Owner, Impulse or Novice buyer= sucker born every minute.

also, whats up with the upper left hand corner? gift 8?
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The card itself may be expensive but shipping is only $10.
    These folks have a lot of 55 Topps in high grade. I am looking to complete my set in PSA. (need 6) Most are vastly overpriced, a few are moderately overpriced, and some of the ones that are easy to find at good prices are only slightly overpriced. If I want to pay a premium I'll stick with 707.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• I have won some auctions from them, so the price was the "fair market value", but if the price is too high, then don't buy it. Someone must buy there stuff or else they would not be in business.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    he dont share if he isimage
    thank you i take small bow and get back to chuck knowblock or whatever his name is,we made up
  • Had looked at his Topps 55's on e-bay some pretty high graded cards and also high prices but he does have a best offer with each card. I think when you have such high end cards you find some customers that are more concerned in owning the card than the price.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
    is his name happy jack by chance?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only takes one wife of say a Yankees fan born in 1958 who wants it for a holiday or birthday gift for her hubby, to take it down almost "regardless' of the price - and of course the registry as well was mentioned - That's no doubt what the seller is thinking and in some cases he'll be correct...and he can always lower the price.
    i will take that as my secret santa prestent pleaseimage
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Ok Randy I'll get you that. And here I was going to get you the 1952 Topps Mantle that is signed. Oh well image
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    redrum

redrum

"now she's gone gone gone....

and i'm sitting on top of the world"

j
    RIP GURU
  • Great Story about these guys......I was at the Chicago National and they had a 1975 George Brett PSA 9 card that I was interested in purchasing. Asked them how much they wanted for the card and was told $1250.00. I offered them $750 and explained that this was WELL above VCP averages ($525) but it was a card I wanted. A rep from Memory Lane told me that there was no way they would sell that card for that little of an offer. I went on my business, and forgot about it. I saw the card come up on EBAY after the National for $1200 BIN and of course it got no bids. To keep this short, These guys ended up putting the card up in a standard auction format and I purchased that card from them for $491.00 on Halloween afternoon. The exact same card, that I had offered $750.00 they sold to me for $491. I guess patience is a virtue! So I guess the moral is, these guys might be a well respected auction house, but they are far from tuned into the market at times.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only takes one wife of say a Yankees fan born in 1958 who wants it for a holiday or birthday gift for her hubby, to take it down almost "regardless' of the price -

This is right on the money. However I do not have a good feeling about dealing with someone who hopes to take advantage of ill informed novice buyers.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    berry good stuff matt.

a virtue indeed.

j
    RIP GURU
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This thread belongs on crack.

Steve
    Good for you.