Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

++!!! THE OFFICIAL DARKSIDE WEEKLY SWAP/BST THREAD FOR THE WEEK--BEGINNING 11/29/08 !!!++

JUST ADDED:

Call this 1914 2 Lire Choice AU... $53 delivered takes my most elegant italian coin.

here's a nice choice AU example. cartwheels nicely for your viewing pleasure.

$60, your return priv. -- HOLDING

Comments

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

WANTED:
    - Philippines 10c, 25c 1958 in BU
    Will pay cash or double cash value in trade.

FOR SALE:
    Still tons of stuff available on my sales list, not just coins - banknotes, pogs, maps, books too!

And I'm still offering 20% off any of my books listed at Half.com when ordered via PM!
  • Options
    BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    William III Shilling PCGS MS63 $530 S&I included

Elizabeth I Shilling, Fifth issue 1582-1600. S-2577 $200 S&I included

Henry VI Groat S-1836. (3.75 gm) Annulet issue 1422-7, Calais mint. Some minor marks and rough areas. $160 S&I included

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Here are some of mine!

Bolivia 1799PTS 1/4 real silver. $60

Brazil 1913 1000 Reis circulated and appears to have been cleaned? $10 for the amazing blue toning.

Spain 1868 7 star 2 1/2 cent xf $21

Sparrow London Farthing $100

British West Africa 1952 6 pence. Very scarce. Never released for circulation and most were melted. Aprox. 167 survived. This one has some issues.There are rim nicks on the obverse and reverse, a scratch across the base of the bust, and some spotting in the planchet. $100

• Options
    For sale. All prices are shipping included. PM if interested. I'll get back ASAP. I'm gonna be hunting a lot this weekend. First come, first served.

$26.00
    imageimage

$18.00
    imageimage

$37.00
    imageimage
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I have added a few things. -Dan
  • Options
    Haven't sold any here lately, but I'll list these three for a while (One left now). All prices include shipping, PM if interested.

----
    $35 shipped-(Nice reverse details, color is a bit darker than pic, looks almost like an Oreoimage)

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take 10% off and free shipping on anything in my tiny eBay Store this week, if you buy it from me here via PM instead of using the eBay BIN trigger.

(Thus far it is still just Roman coins from my old collection, which many of you have seen before. One of these days I will stock the shelves with other stuff. I don't even have all my Romans listed yet.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Roman Imperial Coins For Sale At Tantalus

I have a nice selection of roman imperials for sale at Tantalus.
    Constantly updated, with something for every budget. If you
    are interested in any coins, just PM me here, or there...

My Ancient Coins For Sale At Tantalus

TERMS:

PayPal, personal checks (drawn on US banks) and money orders. 14 day return privilege, for any reason,
    from your date of receipt. Filled orders under $100.00 require $5.00 for shipping, handling, and insurance;
    On filled orders $100.00 or above, shipping, handling, and insurance are free. All non-US orders write first
    for shipping costs - these will be much more expensive for most countries. All coins guaranteed genuine for
    life - your satisfaction is a must.

Thanks for looking,
    John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB the following British 1/2d BU, want slabbed (NGC, PCGS, ANACS) but will consider raw coins:

1898, 1900, 1901, 1905, 1907, 1909, 1910, 1911, 1913, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 1920, 1921, 1923, and 1924. Just a date set, no varieties needed.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB or swap inexpensive Darkside coins for older Chinese cash coins, in bulk or singles, attributed or unattributed.

Just the round ones with the square hole in the middle; not the "knife" or "hoe" shaped money at this time, or the later, milled 20- and 40-cash pieces of the Republic with the dragons or flags or flowers on them.

Just the old ones with the square holes and four (or two) characters on the obverse. I realize I might end up with some Japanese or Korean pieces. That's OK.

I also want the standard reference material on these, including the Schjoth (sp?) book.

Old greenish or earthen-encrusted patina is actually a plus, as far as I am concerned. As long as it does not obscure the characters. I'll be needing clear characters if I am to ever learn to attribute these. I have a Chinese coworker who has been helping me, but on some of the really old crusty or heavily-worn pieces I have, not even she can read them.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Complete 30 Piece set of Antigua Barbuda $100 Gold notes . Each note is One-tenth ounce of 23K gold. Close to 3 ounces of Gold. $2400

Pictures of Individual Notes

John Pinches of London Silver British Monarchs from Victoria to Elizabeth. A rare set of 7 Medals in original case. Edge marked, Set #85

$450

More Individual pictures

Commemorative medal of Leopold I Victory over the Turcs on 12 Sept 1683 at the Battle of KAHLENBERG.
    XF condition. Rare Cast bronze 51.4 Grms 55 mm $325

reverse: Cette défaite mis fin au siége que les turcs tenaient devant VIENNE
    depuis le 14 juillet.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOR SALE:

One 1/20th ounce gold Australian Nugget, dated 2000. Coin comes in original plastic capsule. $70 and it's yours (shipping included in that price). Photo is of actual coin you will receive.

• Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    FS: for shipping in the US, please add $1 each. Payment by Paypal please.

'67 Canadian silver PL half dollar. nice toning! $12

'72 Silver PL Canadian dollar. great colorful toning! $25

1873-A France 5 Francs, nice AU coin with darker toning $25

sweet Canadian half, very frosty PL obverse. nice overall! $20