Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BC Sports stores closing

I don't know if anyone has a BC Sports nearby, but a lot of them are closing. I found out that tomorrow is the last day for my local one and everything was 70-90% off when I called. My wife and I went up and when we walked in everything went to 80-90% off.

Even though it was pretty much wiped out, they still had a few cool things left. I was able to get some things for my collection and a few Christmas presents. I walked out with a UD Tom Brady vinyl figure, McFarlane Papelbon figure, David Ortiz replica jersey with the sewn on numbers, a Patriots baby gift set, a Yankees 100th anniversary unsigned ball, a Rico Petrocelli signed and inscribed ball and a Brooks Robinson signed and inscribed ball. All that for $63 with tax.

I'm bummed they are closing because now I will have nowhere to buy autographs and such. image
Looking for Carl Willey items.

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Steve,

It might be that their internet/online business is the main source of their profit; coupled with show signings.

I've seen many small businesses recently close shop just to eliminate RENT and other costs not associated with online stores etc.

Just the other day, a local Laptop business closed and last month 6 mall stores closed, all for the same reason.

I don't live near a BC Sports store, but I have done business with them via the internet a couple of times.

You can still purchase from this site ... BC SPORTS.

Maybe someone else might know exactly why they're closing ... I'm just under an assumption.

PoppaJ

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $63 is a steal! Nice work.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I never understood how that place became a franchise.
    Who is Rober Maris?