Home Sports Talk
Options

Boise St.

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Anybody else want to see them in a BCS bowl again, rather than a 2-loss Ohio St? I do.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Anybody else want to see them in a BCS bowl again, rather than a 2-loss Ohio St? I do. >>

Bite us! Sincerely, every fan of THE Ohio State University Buckeyes.
  • Options
    No, Boise St. has played against too many second rate teams, of course the Big 10 is not exactly a powerhouse conference at the present time but I think OSU still deserves it more.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Big Ten has alot to prove this bowl season. I think Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa and even Penn State are ready. I am not sure about the others.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>Anybody else want to see them in a BCS bowl again, rather than a 2-loss Ohio St? I do. >>

Not really....

Sincerely,
    Oklahoma Sooners
  • Options
    Boise St has lost what, 1 game in the last 3 years? Maybe 2 including the Bowl game a few years back. Then they beat the Sooners, undefeated again this year. It isnt their fault they don't play anyone, I certainly think they deserve a bsc game. Remember they played in the best College footbal bowl game in HISTORY. Let em play, bump Ohio State out.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It isnt their fault they don't play anyone, >>

Don't they make up their non-conference schedule....Of course it's up to the other teams if they would like to play Boise St if offered.I believe that's how it work. Either way, Boise St has a excellent program going on and do deserve to be ranked in the Top 25.

Brian
  • Options
    I admit I didnt know that, but is there any way to tell if any big schools turned them down?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It isnt their fault they don't play anyone, >>

Don't they make up their non-conference schedule....Of course it's up to the other teams if they would like to play Boise St if offered.I believe that's how it work. Either way, Boise St has a excellent program going on and do deserve to be ranked in the Top 25.

Brian >>

Yes, they make up their schedule - and they played Oregon AT Autzen Stadium. Ordinarily that's a game against a top 15 school on the road. Oregon happened to be a little down this year. Bosie St beat WAC opponents by an average of 31 points. They are far more deserving than a 2 loss OSU.
  • Options
    Solve the problem and have Boise State play Ohio State

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Boise St has played just as many cupcakes as USC, but they haven't lost yet. I guess the real question is will Boise St ever come outside their blue field and blue
    uniforms and play a real team on the road?

The national championship game will be the beat team in the SEC vs the best team in the Big 12...everybody else can just watch.

JS
  • Options
    Boise St has played just as many cupcakes as USC

You are kidding, Right?

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boise St has played just as many cupcakes as USC, but they haven't lost yet. I guess the real question is will Boise St ever come outside their blue field and blue
    uniforms and play a real team on the road?

The national championship game will be the beat team in the SEC vs the best team in the Big 12...everybody else can just watch.

JS >>

Ummm, playing Oregon on the road doesn't count?! Autzen Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the nation.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would much prefer to see Boise State than Ohio State and several others from the big conferences.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    It may be a moot point now that Oregon St. lost last night, and USC is now going to the Rose Bowl, assuming they will handle UCLA. Both Boise and Ohio St. are probably going to be playing in BCS bowls....

Actually scratch that, I forgot the Big East champ got an at-large berth (probably because they don't deserve one)....
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    So USC played one hard game and lost it, so that makes them great? Ohio State played two tough games and lost them both and are great?

ahhh no

JS
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ummm, playing Oregon on the road doesn't count?! Autzen Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the nation. >>

Good point. Playing up there is one tough and loud place.