Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NYINC or FUN?

Which will you attend? Why?
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    NYINC

because it's a train ride away.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing the FUN show because there's a great collection of US patterns in the Heritage auction. Otherwise, I'd probably do the NYINC.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYINC - first time for me, too. I've been to FUN - wasn't my cup of tea. I was ready to claw my eyes out after 3 hours of wading through Morgan Dollars to get to Darkside material.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>NYINC - first time for me, too. I've been to FUN - wasn't my cup of tea. I was ready to claw my eyes out after 3 hours of wading through Morgan Dollars to get to Darkside material. >>

bingo! I can't attend either this year unfortuanely, but if I would, it was certainly be the NYINC. FUN has far too little darkside stuff, and far too many dipped Morgans and other stuff for my taste.

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
    NYINC - 'cause it's closer and 99% darkside.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYINC - so I can make my annual explanation to Gene why I can't join the group for lunch due to the relative scarcity of trains on the Oyster Bay line.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYINC

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be attending the NYINC as am very interested to see the foreign material to be offered there this year under these economic circumstances.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>NYINC - first time for me, too. I've been to FUN - wasn't my cup of tea. I was ready to claw my eyes out after 3 hours of wading through Morgan Dollars to get to Darkside material. >>

bingo! I can't attend either this year unfortuanely, but if I would, it was certainly be the NYINC. FUN has far too little darkside stuff, and far too many dipped Morgans and other stuff for my taste. >>

There would be more darkside at FUN if the shows weren't held at the same time. Many darkside dealers opt for NYINC. I know at least one dealer who is doing neither show out of protest of the fact that no one seems to care that FUN and NYINC conflict for the next several years. There are also reports of internal conflict among NYINC shareholders as a result of the scheduling. It's really a shame.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FUN warm in January, NYINC cold in January.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don