Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

you guys can just start bashing me.......

i just did a pop report for pete rose. well, i even talked to joe the man him self and was told that if the card was not mlb it was not getting graded. so, im looking the pop up for 2 other cards that i have and i find 2008 donrus threads grade 9 pop1. but, for some reason we(psa) can not grade the sport kings or the tristar cards. its called a crock of poo.. yeah, i think i have the right to be mad about the tristar cards and the sportkings. i spent alot of money on those cards. where is the consistancy psa. don russell

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I can see your frustration but why must they be slabbed to enjoy them? Some of my favorite cards are raw and I like it that way. Collecting should be fun and not something you stress over. Maybe, if this bothers you so much, you should collect something else. Like commic books or something...

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>well, i even talked to joe the man him self and was told that if the card was not mlb it was not getting graded >>

Basically you're saying they should grade unlicesed cards?

The manufacturer basically stole the player image. That's not right.

I see no problem with them not grading unlicensed stuff. In fact it shows a nice high standard if you ask me.
  • Options
    i just do not understand. why is it ok to grade one persons non-mlb card and not anothers? yea, i do love having the protection and added value of psa slabs. i just think if one person gets a no all need to get a no.don
  • Options
    im sure that tristar,sportkings,and donruss(have all paid pete for his likeness and name). sportkings was the 1st company to pick pete up out of the rubble. pete's cards from these sets are commanding high prices. no, i do not think that its ok to steal a players name. don
  • Options
    Welcome to installment number 87 of "Why Don Russell hates PSA".

Seriously, at this point do you just bother Joe about nonsense just so you can post negative threads here? I thought you were selling all your PSA cards and switching to BGS. Then you were just selling your cards and getting out altogether because of a little tike on the way. Now you're looking to get more stuff graded.

Figure out what you want to do and do it. Enough with the play-by-play, though.
  • Options
    i was looking up the pop of some cards that i have(so i can sell them).im sure i paid for that.im not really sure i am up to 87 yet. i have not got the right response for the right people.yet... and you sir are not the person.don
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i bashed my kness today on the concrete,that hurt me enuff, dont say bashimage
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>im sure that tristar,sportkings,and donruss(have all paid pete for his likeness and name). sportkings was the 1st company to pick pete up out of the rubble. pete's cards from these sets are commanding high prices. no, i do not think that its ok to steal a players name. don >>

Paying Pete Rose to use his name and having an MLB license to produce cards are two completely different things. Being a Pete Rose expert, you should know that.

Tabe
  • Options

<< <i>i was looking up the pop of some cards that i have(so i can sell them).im sure i paid for that.im not really sure i am up to 87 yet. i have not got the right response for the right people.yet... and you sir are not the person.don >>

If anyone can translate this into a coherent thought, please PM me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Why do they grade 1971-1981 Topps football?
  • Options
    let me break it down for you..

you are not the person that this thread is intended. get it..
    i did pay my membership and with that i can use the forums and umm. pop report.
    yes, i am selling my cards.

don russell

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>i was looking up the pop of some cards that i have(so i can sell them).im sure i paid for that.im not really sure i am up to 87 yet. i have not got the right response for the right people.yet... and you sir are not the person.don >>

Thanks. >>

lol

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options

<< <i>let me break it down for you..

you are not the person that this thread is intended. get it..
    i did pay my membership and with that i can use the forums and umm. pop report.
    yes, i am selling my cards.

don russell >>

The forum is free.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>im sure that tristar,sportkings,and donruss(have all paid pete for his likeness and name). sportkings was the 1st company to pick pete up out of the rubble. pete's cards from these sets are commanding high prices. no, i do not think that its ok to steal a players name. don >>

Paying Pete Rose to use his name and having an MLB license to produce cards are two completely different things. Being a Pete Rose expert, you should know that. Tabe >>

right that is why the donrus threads should not be graded. i can can live with that. don
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    my right kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee still hurts actuallyimage
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    cool,its free so i can come back.. don
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>cool,its free so i can come back.. don >>

Something else to look forward to. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randy, Put some ice on that knee and stuff your neck with some left over turkey. You will be feeling better in no time. image
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks. >>

Just as I thought. An hour later and no PMs. I guess I'm not alone in the land of "wtf is he talking about??"
  • Options
    oh, wow.

no pm's huh?

don
  • Options
    Pete Rose reacts when he heard of Don Russell and the issues he is having with PSA.

• Options
    yes, he should be mad too. don
  • Options
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options

<< <i>Why do they grade 1971-1981 Topps football? >>

• Options
    ARGHH MATEY! I bet I can score with your mommy!

image >>

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Why do they grade 1971-1981 Topps football? >> >>

This is a good question.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don, what is the big deal? Ok so they are not going to grade a few of your Rose cards- I understand you spent your money on them for a reason and I do respect that your unhappy about the current situation but why start a thread about it? Just the other day you said you were done and deleted your registry set AND were selling your cards or going over to Beckett I think?

If you changed your mind about the Registry believe me we can all relate- many of us have changed our collecting focus tons of times. The registry is a fair playing field so whats good for you is good for the next guy, see if you can get your Sportkings graded elsewhere and keep it in your collection or sell them as is. Just throwing my 2 cents out there, whatever you do good luck.
  • Options
    1st off its the point of being listened to. not just blown off.yeah, i only spent a few thousand dollars on cards that will not be in psa slabs. when i started this collection i wanted all of my cards to be graded, all by the same company.then i start sending in cards coming back no holder blah..so i started emailing. i did email "joe" about these cards and sending in pics.i have spent some money on getting cards graded, and i am a customer. i agree i am a cry baby. yes, i have deleted my #9 set from the registry. i will sell them one buy one. don
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    you have a point & i agree.

rube, bro, make sure u put some triple anti-biotic cream on that wound.

if it's just a flesh wound, rub some dirt on it & get back in the game.

J
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1st off its the point of being listened to. not just blown off.yeah, i only spent a few thousand dollars on cards that will not be in psa slabs. when i started this collection i wanted all of my cards to be graded, all by the same company.then i start sending in cards coming back no holder blah..so i started emailing. i did email "joe" about these cards and sending in pics.i have spent some money on getting cards graded, and i am a customer. i agree i am a cry baby. yes, i have deleted my #9 set from the registry. i will sell them one buy one. don >>

Gotcha, and good luck to you.
  • Options
    yeah, thanks... don
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><< Why do they grade 1971-1981 Topps football? >> >>

This is a good question. >>

Yea, why one but not the other?

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    real good newb!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I understand your frustration but I agree with what that lawncutting crazy dallas cowbow lovin guy said,

<< <i>Basically you're saying they should grade unlicesed cards?

The manufacturer basically stole the player image. That's not right.

I see no problem with them not grading unlicensed stuff. In fact it shows a nice high standard if you ask me >>

Also, If I were doing a registry set like you are doing, that would mean I'm very fond of that player, right? Well, what's the big deal if you end up with slabbed cards that aren't in the set or cards that can't be graded? Again I understand your frustration, but keep working on your Pete Rose registry and keep snatching any of his cards that either meets your criteria or desire to own.

Hang in there Don,
    Brian
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez is this really that big a deal?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    I think Perkdog stated things quite nicely.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    They grade unlicensed cards all the time. See my topps football question above. So why do they make a distinction with the Rose cards? Doesn't make sense to me.

What would be really cool is if PSA refused to grade Barry Bonds cards.
  • Options
    that is what fires me up. if the psa is going to do it ,do it. if not make it across the board. don
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Don don't you get it? It is a conspiracy against you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    im really not sure about that.don
  • Options

<< <i>Don don't you get it? It is a conspiracy against you.

Steve >>

Sounds like a conspiracy against Pete Rose. Somehow this unlicensed card got graded. Admittedly, Largent wasn't banned from MLB or the NFL, but he did become a congressman, which is much, much worse.

• Options

<< <i>They grade unlicensed cards all the time. See my topps football question above. So why do they make a distinction with the Rose cards? Doesn't make sense to me. >>

When I sent in unlicensed Emmitt cards, they were just no-name companies from the 90's.

PSA most likely graded unlicensed Topps cards because of the Topps name.

• Options
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ooh, can we bash you with this bluefish? Maybe a few shots upside the head? image

<< <i>image >>

• Options

<< <i>Ooh, can we bash you with this bluefish? Maybe a few shots upside the head? image >>

Nothing like a good Fish slap image
  • Options