Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Stephon Marbury

is this guy the victim or the crime?

j
RIP GURU

Comments

• He's the Star
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    In this case he is the victim. The coach dogged him every step of the way.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • he's a slacker.
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    He's an idiot! If I were being paid 1/10th the money he is being paid to play a game, I would do anything the coach wanted and let him say anything he wants. How can anyone be disgruntled while being paid millions. I repeat, this guy is an idiot!

collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    The only worthwhile thing Marbury has ever done is give poor kids shoes for $10. Other than that, he has been a complete waste!
    It does not matter how much he is being paid, this coach has dogged this player from the first game.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    No matter who is at fault, he is a team cancer. Quite sad.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter what your industry or occupation is. If your boss gives you a lawful order to do something that you get paid to do, and it's not unethical, or immoral, and you don't do it, you are at fault and should be held accountable. Simple as that.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Many people have bosses who dog them. Marbury is like so many of the NBA players, other sports as well, who think they are above rules and regulations and refuse to adhere to any form of authority. Normal people who mouth off to their employer, no matter how much they are being "dogged", get fired period!! Unfortunately, agents and the owners have cornered themselves and have given these "stars" too much latitude in the past and am glad to see some of them starting to step up and put them in their place.

Its the main reason why I havent watched the NBA for 10 years. The skill level of these guys are terrible, the teamwork is pitiful and the game is no longer even watchable. College is the highest form of basketball out there. The NBA has turned into a sideshow of dunks and selfishness and is not even a sport to watch anymore.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Its the main reason why I havent watched the NBA for 10 years. The skill level of these guys are terrible, the teamwork is pitiful and the game is no longer even watchable. College is the highest form of basketball out there. The NBA has turned into a sideshow of dunks and selfishness and is not even a sport to watch anymore. >>

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    He is the walking train wreck. Perhaps he should have a conversation with Latrell Spreewell to see what will eventually happen with him.
    Who is Rober Maris?

• << <i>The only worthwhile thing Marbury has ever done is give poor kids shoes for $10. Other than that, he has been a complete waste! >>

Since Steve and Barry's is closing shop, he won't be doing that much longer.image
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    There is nothing more frustrating than a really great player thats just not worth the headache.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The only worthwhile thing Marbury has ever done is give poor kids shoes for $10. Other than that, he has been a complete waste! >>

Since Steve and Barry's is closing shop, he won't be doing that much longer.image >>

They're not closing shop entirely - just a bunch of stores. The one right by me is still open - and is going to remain so.

Tabe
  • Come on, now...you know I'm just gettin a bad rap!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's been an absolute cancer in the lockerroom and even his own teammates can't stand him. The antics he pulled last year with Thomas as coach were ridiculous. Word was that Marbury had very damaging personal information regarding Thomas, and that was the main reason his behavior went unpunished. This contract trumps Carl Pavano's as the worst in recent NY sports hostory.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Its the main reason why I havent watched the NBA for 10 years. The skill level of these guys are terrible, the teamwork is pitiful and the game is no longer even watchable. College is the highest form of basketball out there. The NBA has turned into a sideshow of dunks and selfishness and is not even a sport to watch anymore. >>

Maybe if you watched a game in the last decade you would have an educated opinion. As it is, you have no idea what you're talking about. The NBA is putting the best product on the floor since the early 90's.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Its the main reason why I havent watched the NBA for 10 years. The skill level of these guys are terrible, the teamwork is pitiful and the game is no longer even watchable. College is the highest form of basketball out there. The NBA has turned into a sideshow of dunks and selfishness and is not even a sport to watch anymore. >>

Maybe if you watched a game in the last decade you would have an educated opinion. As it is, you have no idea what you're talking about. The NBA is putting the best product on the floor since the early 90's. >>

Bill Simmons spoke to your point in his column this week John. This is really the first time where we have 3 dominant teams (LAL, BOS, CLE) at one time since 1993 (NYK ,CHI, PHX) and there are 4-5 teams that could jump up to that level at some point. You could easily see the Hornets, Jazz, Pistons, Spurs or Suns make a major run late in the season. Anyone who thinks the NBA isn't putting a good product on the floor hasn't watched a game since 1998. The NBA is excellent right now.
    The problem is the coach didn't order him to do anything.

Both have made sure that what they say can be interpreted different ways.

The coach has not said "Tonight you are playing get dressed"

The coach asks him : would you play? Dress tonite, you may play, etc.

Of course he is a cancer on the team, however this coach said before the season started
    he (Marbury) would have a clean slate, so what happens? After playing decently during the
    pre season Margury gets told by the team Captain that the coach is benching you.

Now that they have traded away players so they can pursue Lebron after the season
    they are short each night. Marbury is playing the game, the game the coach started.

If anyone deserves to be run out of town it is this coach.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>They're not closing shop entirely - just a bunch of stores. The one right by me is still open - and is going to remain so.

Tabe >>

Hmmm, might ought to check that. Going out of business completely is what this article says. The manager at my local store (which was set to remain open) also told me this on Wednesday night, and that they would be lucky to still be open at Christmas.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!