Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1,000th post contest--another one--oh no!!!

I just survived getting the boot recently and somehow made it to the big "1,000".

The prize ::: I have numerous extra psa 10's that may have a nice home waiting for them (baseball only). If not , I have even more PSA 9's.

The contest---- looking for 3 answers to 3 baseball questions .

(1)-- Who is the only Roman Catholic Priest to pitch in major league baseball ? -----Good luck.

(2)-- When was the last back -to - back tie ball games for a major league team ? . -- Again good luck.

(3)-- What was the artist's name from the old baseball slurpee cups from the early 70's ? There may have been more than one, but I'm looking for a very peculiar name of the one that we all laughed at.--- Your going to need more than luck on this one.

*** (4)-- For those that think # 3 is unfair , an extra bonus question. Name the last Milwaukee Brewers pitcher to be the winning pitcher in 3 straight team wins for their team.This one is not real hard.

I suspect who will win this , because you pretty much have had to had a non-life to even know this krapp.

Good luck and hopefully someone will win.
" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not even going to guess. Congrats on your 1000th post though..
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just survived getting the boot recently and somehow made it to the big "1,000".

The prize ::: I have numerous extra psa 10's that may have a nice home waiting for them (baseball only). If not , I have even more PSA 9's.

(1)-- Who is the only Roman Catholic Priest to pitch in major league baseball ? -----Good luck.

(2)-- When was the last back -to - back tie ball games for a major league team ? . -- Again good luck.

(3)-- What was the artist's name from the old baseball slurpee cups from the early 70's ? There may have been more than one, but I'm looking for a very peculiar name of the one that we all laughed at.--- Your going to need more than luck on this one.

*** (4)-- For those that think # 3 is unfair , an extra bonus question. Name the last Milwaukee pitcher to be the winning pitcher of record of 3 straight games for their team.This one is not real hard.

I suspect who will win this , because you pretty much have had to had a non-life to even know this krapp.

Good luck and hopefully someone will win. >>

1)Al Travers

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just survived getting the boot recently and somehow made it to the big "1,000".

*** (4)-- For those that think # 3 is unfair , an extra bonus question. Name the last Milwaukee pitcher to be the winning pitcher of record of 3 straight games for their team.This one is not real hard.

1)Al Travers >>

WOW, very good !!!image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • 1. its acutally Aloysius S. Travers
    4. C. C. Sabathia
    "Don't ban me because i'm beautiful" - Me

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson

<< <i>1. its acutally Aloysius S. Travers
    4. C. C. Sabathia >>

Thank you for the response. To clarify a point (4)-- The pitcher of record for 3 straight team wins. I'm looking for someone that meets that criteria.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    clayton bigsbyimage
  • sabathia was 6-0, i dont understand...

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson
  • PM sent with answers

• mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    my brain hurts! LOL

Al Travers

yankees-orioles

Dave Bush

I have nothing else! LOL
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

<< <i>sabathia was 6-0, i dont understand... >>

Got your PM's. The pitcher of record (the winning pitcher ) for 3 straight team wins. I'm not saying he won on 3 straight days or that he had a personal 3 game winning streak , but what I am saying is he was the winner for the team in 3 straight of the team's wins.

Hope that helps---Sonny
    Bumpity , bumpity , bump.

I'm sorry if this was a little tough. I've grown weary of the "guess what my kid's eating for lunch next Tuesday " contest.

If no one is up for the task , this thread will have to simply die the death.

Good luck.
    pope john paul 2ndimage

<< <i>pope john paul 2ndimage >>

Randy your the best, but I'm sorry to inform you that its a wrong answer.
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    4) Brewers pticher is Derek Turnbow - May 2005
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug

<< <i>4) Brewers pticher is Derek Turnbow - May 2005 >>

We have another piece of the puzzle to add. In 1973 Ed Rodriquez , who also hit the 1st triple by a picher in the DH era , had 3 straight wins for his team.
    nevermind.

Keep the guesses coming--Sonny
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Hillary Clinton

<< <i>Hillary Clinton >>

We have a whinner. image
    Back to back tie games
    1954 Tue, Jul 20 CLE @BOS - 5-5
    1954 Wed, Jul 21 CLE @BOS 7-7

DR
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug

*** (4)-- For those that think # 3 is unfair , an extra bonus question. Name the last Milwaukee Brewers pitcher to be the winning pitcher in 3 straight team wins for their team.This one is not real hard.

we have a winner. Downtown-----Doug has answered the 1st two questions and the #4 to earn the prize.
    #1---Al Travers---1912 Detroit
    #2-- 1954 Cleveland at Boston---July 20th and 21st
    #4 --derek Turnbow --2005 Brewers

The answer to # 3 was ==== Bimbo Smotser

Thanks to all who participated---Sonny
    thanx - was a fun way to spend my sunday before football games

DR
    Doug
    Bimbo Smotser
    now thats a great name right there, the bimbo monsterimage
    my guess for #3 was Richard (nick name version) Steele
    Doug
    Received my winnings!
    1983T Harold BAines PSA 9
    1983T Lee Smith PSA 9
    1984T Ryne Sandberg PSA 9

these are great additions/beginnings to my collections

Thanx again Sonny for the great contest!

DR
    Doug