Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I like this low mintage gold peso 1883/72 Mo M.

Mintage 1000.

imageimage
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    The fields reveal a previous (not so gentle) cleaning,which is a shame for such a scarce coin.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would tend to say die polish as the lines looked raised... Mexico can be very tough when it comes to issues such as this...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    yeah, i'm almost positive the lines shown on the obverse are die polish lines, as they don't cut into the devices and looked raised.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    What a stunner!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>The fields reveal a previous (not so gentle) cleaning,which is a shame for such a scarce coin. >>

I agree with the others. I'm 99% sure its die polish. If it was a cleaning, the hairlines would extend onto the devices too. I would love to have a coin like that. I'm definitely looking into Mexico nest for my small size gold collection.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I guess I shouldn't express opinions when I'm so unfamiliar with a series. image I'm sure the other members are right and it's a lovely coin in hand.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3