Home Sports Talk
Options

Are the 0-12 Detroit Lions going 0-16?

Or will they ruin their perfect season with a late W?

Comments

• Options
    I think they get the late win and disappoint most of the Lions fans who really want that 0-16 record.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't see them beating any of those teams. They had their chance at their lone win last week but blew it after being up 17-0. This may be the worst team in the last 20 years.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    0-16!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too darn bad they don't have TB again on their schedule...sans that, they look like a strong 0-16 to me.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, VERY hard to lose every game in the NFL for a multitude of reasons - it just wasn't the right situation in the game today for them to win - but they'll win at least one game before the season ends.
  • Options
    who cares ?
  • Options

<< <i>who cares ? >>

I am to caring very muchly. I am flowers to bring.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I think they will beat the Saints. When they play them, there's a good chance the Saints will be out of contention and maybe, just maybe, the Lions will pull the upset.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You mean the salary cap is not working?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    It would be fitting if Daunte beat us, he hates Childress so maybe he will turn back the clock.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    If the Lions held a press conference today and fired this turd of a coach and his staff, they may have a chance to win a game. Moronelli and Co. are the most incompetent bunch of baffoons ever to lead and NFL squad. Millen is gone, but until Ford dumps the rest of this group they have NO CHANCE of winning a football game. But we know how the Fords operate. Moronelli will go down as the worst football coach in the NFL ever, so lets give him a 5 year extension. Either that or maybe they'll find some up and coming junior high school offensive line coach he (Ford) thinks is worthy of taking over the reigns. F***ing idiot owner.
  • Options
    They should shoot for 0-16, so they can spend the next 30 years like the Miami Dolphins.........cracking open champagne every time someone flirts with their record!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel confident in saying Alex Karras would not approve of 0-12 or 0-16

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I love how the coach always gets blamed when the players quit. The Lions thought they could just show up and win as many games as they did last year,
    after all wasn't it mostly the same team? Not only do they play in one of the worst divisons in footbal, but they have just quit playing football. Don't blame
    the coach, blame the high priced players not doing their jobs!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>I love how the coach always gets blamed when the players quit. The Lions thought they could just show up and win as many games as they did last year,
    after all wasn't it mostly the same team? Not only do they play in one of the worst divisons in footbal, but they have just quit playing football. Don't blame
    the coach, blame the high priced players not doing their jobs!

JS >>

They thought they could step in and win 7 games? Or they thought they could be a team that lost 7 of their last 8 to end the season? Rod sucks at game decisions, and their D coordinator is terrible. Their O-play calling is high school caliber. Watch the games before you open your yap. I guarantee anybody who has watched this team regularly knows that their coaches deserve a ton of the blame. They got rid of many of their overpriced players to bring in "Rods guys", and Rods guys haven't played for sh*t. They suck and the organization deserves a ton of the blame, but Rod took part in drafting these guys, bringing in these free agents and coaching them. He's failed here miserably. He still hasn't fired his son-in-law as the D coord, and how is that possible with the worst defense the league may ever see?
  • Options
    If I knew I was going to be a top pick in the draft, I would be bringing Archie Manning along with me!!
  • Options
    I picked 0-16, but you'd think they would have to win one.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He still hasn't fired his son-in-law as the D coord, and how is that possible with the worst defense the league may ever see?

Wow, didn't know that...man, that makes Marinelli look even worse than he already does, if that's even possible.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>He still hasn't fired his son-in-law as the D coord, and how is that possible with the worst defense the league may ever see?

Wow, didn't know that...man, that makes Marinelli look even worse than he already does, if that's even possible. >>

Yup, it's pathetic. But he defends him at every turn. It's Rods style of defense, ran by his son-in-law, filled in with players Rod calls "his guys". He brought quite a few of "his guys" saying that he knew what to expect from them. So far, so... sh/tty.
  • Options
    I really wish we could fire the FORDS.... 1 and 19 in the last 20 regular season games I voted for 0-16 they are going to lose them all.

bu hey we were the only unbeaten team in preseasonimage
    -John Stevens
    Ebay ID: jrconcessi

Collecting 1993 Finest Refractors & All Refractors 1993 - 2001, 1964 Topps Psa 8.5 or Better
    Soon to be Collecting 1966 Batman Color and all Hall of Famers in all Sports in as High a Grade as I can Afford.
  • Options

<< <i>I really wish we could fire the FORDS.... 1 and 19 in the last 20 regular season games I voted for 0-16 they are going to lose them all.

bu hey we were the only unbeaten team in preseasonimage >>

LOL, shows the importance of validity of preseason wins. Yes, the Fords are as incompetent as they come. The only hope for this franchise is if the Fords sell it or if they move the team and we get an expansion team. Too bad Illitch wont buy this team. He seems to at least give a crap about the Wings and is trying to make the Tigers better.
  • Options
    0-16 for sure. just don't see them even competing with the last four teams, all of which are vying for playoff spots.
  • Options
    no