Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help identifying 2 autographs..

I figured the 2nd one out months ago but now I've forgotten who it was lol.. any help from you guys is appreciated with both.

The autographs are from a 1935 All-Star game program which had a bunch of players and wives on it.. the 'WM Cool Detroit? looking autograph was also on a page within the program of facsimile autographs of National League auto's..

- Garret

Comments

• Options
    show the whole page ... it might be a clue.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

1st autograph ????
    2nd autograph ????
    Mel Harder - His #18 is retired by Cleveland Indians - also a 4x all-star
    Mrs Sandy Harder
    Sam Hale (played from 1920-1930)
    Mrs. Sam Hale
    Mrs. John Burnett ?
    Johnny Hodapp
    Joe Vosmik
    Sally Okla
    Glenn C. Worst
    Mrs. Worst
    Mrs. Loette Averill
    Earl Averill - Hall of Fame: 1975
    Mrs. Edward (Anne) Behner
  • Options
    i tried, i couldnt find anything...sorry image
    "Don't ban me because i'm beautiful" - Me

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson
  • Options
    Thanks anyways, probably just players wives I suppose..
  • Options
    well the first name says "Florence," i dont know of any guy who would have that name, more of a girl name, and that of a city in Italy.
    "Don't ban me because i'm beautiful" - Me

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson
  • Options
    I hope this helps

1st autograph ???? FLORENCE GISELL (wife - umpire HARRY GISELL)[b/]
    2nd autograph ???? WILLIAM GOETZ (movie producer / studio boss)[b/]
    Mel Harder - His #18 is retired by Cleveland Indians - also a 4x all-star
    Mrs Sandy Harder
    Sam Hale (played from 1920-1930)
    Mrs. Sam Hale
    Mrs. John Burnett ?
    Johnny Hodapp
    Joe Vosmik
    Sally Okla
    Glenn C. Worst
    Mrs. Worst
    Mrs. Loette Averill
    Earl Averill - Hall of Fame: 1975
    Mrs. Edward (Anne) Behner >>

• Options
    Astute assumptions, thank you.

I keep thinking that the 'WM L Cool - Detroit is Bill Terry as he did the same sort of 'WM' (like William Goetz as well) but the rest of the autograph is way off and the W's don't look the same with either one.

Bill Terry was at the All-Star game though which makes me lean toward him but the autographs aren't the same at all except the similarity with the WM but it's not in the same hand imo.. maybe it's his wife whom did the same WM thing as well in her auto..
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I think the 2nd player's last name is Cooke.....maybe?
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    To me that second signature looks like William L Cook or Cooke. Not that I can tell you who the heck that might be....
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Thanks, 'William Cooke' is ringing a bell now but I can't find anything on WM cook, william cooke, wm cooke, william cook..... I give up.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i think its the william l google debrat and the bissell sweeper guys wife is the 1st oneimage