Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1969-P Roosevelt Dime give away.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
A year or so ago Waldo gave me a 1969-P Dime in 63. I know...not high grade...but hey it filled the whole. I stated at the time that when or if I ever got a better one I would in turn give the 63 to someone. Well, I looked thru 50 or so 1969 mint sets and picked the best one and sent it in. It came back 64........wow........I gained a whole point.

Anyway, I will give this dime to whoever needs to fill the 69-P slot. If there is more that one person who wants this Dime I will give it to the person who gives the best reason why I should give it to them.

I hope someone wants to give it a home even if it is temporary. They are tuff to find.

Please respond to this post.

Waiting to hear!

Comments

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have a nice one to help fill in the one I had put into my Dansco Roosevelt album. That 69 along with a 67, 68, 68 d, & 69 d all developed some carbon & green spots on them. All of these came from years of circulated finds in change. Very difficult to get. image
  • Options
    I looked through over 400 1969 mint sets and didn't find a single P dime worth submitting. Then I got 7 or 8 bankrolls of them and got 7 (of the 19 or 20) ms66's graded. Two were clearly better than the other 5, and better than some pcgs ms67's, so I cracked them out and resubmitted, and they came back ms65 go figure. Then this summer I bought the Just Having Fun ms67 which is about identical to my two ms65's. It is one tough date!
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I would like it cause I don't own any dimes image
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted 2 different 1969 Roosies.

The first one came from an old roll the local coin shop had in its inventory and the roll was half gone. I pulled 1 dime from it and received an MS66.

The second I bought from some dealer 2x2 album that I thought was pretty decent and it came back MS65.

John, its nice that you are giving it away. In any MS grade it should be worth something.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    dang a rosy giveaway with only 4 replies while our matty has over a 100 in 1 day

just rashin a lil...awesome giveaway and generousity

happy holidays

was you able to give yers away too stooge as i need postageimageimage
    matty giveaway
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    great generosity.

Why not give it to me as I have yet to own a single roosie dime.image I have contemplated on doing a set many times but never got to it. I have always been interested in roosies mostly thanks to the OP Dimeman and Stooge and OnlyRoosies.
    Thanks for the chance at a neat little coin.
  • Options
    I will turn the coin into a stocking stuffer for someone.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Mercuynut makes sense.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the above.
    If you do want to give it away, I would give it to my son to put in his registry set. That is a date he doesn't have.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, I sent in a gorgeous '69-P that I found in a 2x2 at a local show, I thought it was a 66 all day and twice on Sundays, but PCGS liked it as a 65. Based on this discussion, is there a chance I could actually recover the certification fees for it? (I'll try to remember to add pics later this week).

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>Huh, I sent in a gorgeous '69-P that I found in a 2x2 at a local show, I thought it was a 66 all day and twice on Sundays, but PCGS liked it as a 65. Based on this discussion, is there a chance I could actually recover the certification fees for it? (I'll try to remember to add pics later this week).

Sean Reynolds >>

The problem w/Roosies such as a 1969 MS65 is that no, you will likely not recoup your grading fees for this coin and if you do sell it for say $25-30 you still have to pay fees to eBay and PP, let alone drive to the P.O. and use shipping supplies (Assuming you do not profit on shipping). So, how much Profit will you exactly make....enough to pay for going through the steps to find it and get the damn thing graded?

PCGS needs to lighten up on Roosies about a 1/2 to a full grade (Depending on the individual coin) and absolutely tighten up on some of the pathetic FB dimes I've seen in FB holders.

Collectors really need to understand just how important it is to slab such dimes simply because of the neglect that dimes have received by Mint set Hunters of other denominations. Let alone the complete lack of quality original rolls.

I've always said that if these dimes were Nickels then you would have something there. Until the Roosies time comes and they redesign it, it will forever be a reduculous waste of $$$ and time to slab these coins.

Anyone need a HTF 1974 in a brand new PCGS MS65/66 holder? I have 27 of them!!! Let me know, as I believe that they are at least 1 full grade lower than they should be. I should know....I submitted them.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I started this giveaway I have made a deal on a 69 in 65,soooooooooooooooooooo.....I will turn this into a two coin giveaway.

I liked all the responceses, and here are my picks.

I am giving the MS63 to ecoinquest with the understanding that he passes it along when and if he upgrades.

And I am giving my MS64, which I made, to Bochiman. I like the fact that he is giving it to his son.

All I need is a PM from each with their address.

Thanks, Jon
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI for those who might care, the coin Dimeman mentioned above is not mine. I'd hate for anyone to think that my post to this thread was a veiled offer to sell rather than a genuine inquiry on the value.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    SeanQ

I never thought that if you are referring to what I said earlier. I was just complaining alttle about Roosies and the such.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Thank you Dimeman for helping me start a Roosie set. I also want to thank Stooge and everyone else for helping me learn about these coins. I hope that someday I will have as nice a set as some of you have put together!
  • Options

<< <i>Thank you Dimeman for helping me start a Roosie set. I also want to thank Stooge and everyone else for helping me learn about these coins. I hope that someday I will have as nice a set as some of you have put together! >>

I have dabbled in Sac Dollars, and I will tell you that your knowledge about these coins is indespensible. We have all learned from your great posts.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Thank you Stooge!