Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

truview quickie question

Never used it but my understanding is that they take the picture at the beginning of the process. My question is, if you don't pay for it do they take pictures of every coin regardless to put on file and if you change your mind at a later date you can get it (for the fee of course)? Since I know everyone here loves pictures I just want to see what my options are. Thanks.

Comments

• speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Nope, you have to pay for the Trueview first in order to get them taken. It would take FOREVER for PCGS to trueview every coin that came through the door!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope, you have to pay for the Trueview first in order to get them taken. It would take FOREVER for PCGS to trueview every coin that came through the door! >>

Not according to some opinions.

<< <i>Add 3 days to current turn around times. >>

"Imaging shouldn't have an effect on turnaround times, except maybe for walkthroughs. In fact, the coins would probably be shot before the graders even see them. "
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • It's a very good question. I'd write someone inside PCGS and ask. There are plenty of coins I love to get photos of after purchase without the hassle or risk of sending it in, opening up the slab, etc .....
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    So should they do like Disneyland and take everyones picture, then only some buy the pictures after the ride?
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Imaging shouldn't have an effect on turnaround times, >>

I have hesitated in the past to request True-View as I was afraid of adding to the turn around time on Modern Coins I was going to flip,,,,,,

I know,,,, you all HATE Flippers image but on my last submission I had to split up into (2) orders 1/4 oz & 1/2 oz Platinum Eagles due to the 1/2 oz costing more for grading.

I sent them in the same package on different forms. I got True-View on the 1/2 oz and not on the 1/4 oz. Both orders logged in on the same day and I got grades on both orders the same day. image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)