Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Whats the composition of your Slabbed Collection?

Mine is 90% PCGS, 10% NGC

83 PCGS
10 NGC
«1

Comments

  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭✭
    majority of my collection is raw so these numbers will surely seem aenemic:

    PCGS: 0
    NGC: 3
    ICG: 1
    ANACS: 0 currently which is amazing because i love the small white slabs
    PCI (old): 1

    www.brunkauctions.com

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% NGC. I have a higher regard for PCGS grading, but i am guilty of preferring the look of the NGC slab.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    About half & half
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 20,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By volume, I'd estimate 80% plastic, 15% silver, 3% copper, 2% gold.
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭✭
    50% NGC, 40% PCGS, 10% ANACS
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    99.99% coins, .001% medals
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    About 60/40 NGC overall, but much higher in my darkside collection.
  • Options
    77% SGS, 52% Acugrade.... they give me MS70's on everything.......... what a bargain.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half of my slabbed collection is 90% slabbed. Prolly 98% PCGS.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't leave very many coins in slabs, but looking at the back cover of the album that's on my desk right now, the removed certs from cracked slabs are

    32% PCGS
    26% NGC
    32% ANACS (old)

    Other albums show similar composition. I only have about a dozen coins actually in their plastic; they are around 50/50 P & N, with no ANACS slabs in the bunch.
    mirabela
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 100% PCGS.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭
    4 pcgs slabs. 1 anacs slab.

    when it comes to half eagles in the grades i like... most ngc stuff i see
    or have owned is not very good at all. i do not take them seriously
    anymore.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    55% PCGS.
    40% NGC.
    3% ANACS.
    2% Misc.

    many times that total raw.......................
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% PCGS 10% Raw.


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, and I don't want to know. I'd rather focus on the coins.
    Andy Lustig

    Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.
    Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd estimate:

    60-65% NGC
    25-30% PCGS
    The rest are ICG and ANACS

    I've only crossed one coin ever (ANACS to NGC), and the reason I have more NGC is simply because that's who slabbed what I liked. The holder isn't very important when I buy, so I just look for what's inside image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    I have a fair amount of PCGS and NGC slabs, but NGC probably is the majority by a bit.
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • Options
    99+% PCGS

    less then 1% awaiting crossover or crackout
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

    "If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    78% PCGS... 16% ANACS... 5% NGC... 1%<> PCI... 1/2% ICG...
  • Options
    Right now ... I'd say 60% PCGS 40% ICG, tho' as my interest in registry sets decline, the PCGS numbers are likely to take a drastic drop.
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

    Happy Rock Wrens

    You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I have one ANACS coin, a bust half dime with a clip. Don't know offhand the number of NGC and PCGS
  • Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 60% PCGS and 40% NGC...

    Well, maybe closer to 62.5% PCGS now, with the recent (today) acquisition of this...

    imageimage

    'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508 ✭

    Darkside: 90% NGC 10% PCGS (although those will be crossed next week)

    US: about 50-50 NGC/PCGS





  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    92% PCGS and 8% NGC or thereabouts
  • Options
    <<<Whats the composition of your Slabbed Collection?>>>

    Approx. 90% Plastic and 10% a variety of metals ranging from copper to silver to nickel to bronze and perhaps a few other metals thrown in for good measure...image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ICG -- 0.4% (ancients)
    ANACS -- 0.4% (better VAMs that PCGS doesn't attribute... yet)
    NGC -- 1.1% (haven't gotten around to crossing them)
    PCGS -- 98.1%
    When in doubt, don't.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I've got:

    41 PCGS
    36 NGC
    1 ANACS
    1 SEGS
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Just to be clear. I post here mostly as a collector. I sell almost entirely PCGS slabs (moderns).

    In my collection I have about half PCGS and half NGC with a few ANACS, NCS, and old PCI holders. My PCGS holders in my collection are about half Old Green Labels. They live in an Old Green Box.

    I'm not ashamed to have copper in ANACS details holders or NCS holders...no PCGS Genuine holders...yet. Unlike many who like raw coins (and I respect your preferences there) I like holdered coins.

    --Jerry
  • Options
    NGC 49%
    PCGS 27%
    ANACS 16%
    NCS 6%
    PCI 2%
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

    my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    100% PCGS
    MSgt USAF Jan-06 - Present
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% PCGS; modern dollars, 50c, NCLT, ASE, AGE, APE, and classic commemorative 50c.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    40- GSA
    1- ANACS
    3- ICG
    44-PCGS
    30- NGC
    2-NNCS (from 1986 look like GSA holders)
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    about 60-40 NGC with a couple of anacs mixed in. I will say collecting coins has been one long learning experience when i 1st started collecting about 6 or so years ago i just thought a graded coin was a graded coin so i had all kinds of oddball graded coins then i was enlightened by a dealer that all grading companies were certainly not equal but NGC and PCGS were top notch and pretty equal so since i have only bought those(although my collection is about 80% raw which is what i mostly buy) but now it seems i see NGC does not = PCGS but instead PCGS>NGC so i guess i'll lean towards PCGS now unless i really like the look of an NGC.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% of my NGC graded coins say "Collector's Society" on them. If you have one for sale, please PM me. I prefer the 50 States in Proof. Thank you and feel free to write.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    100% raw.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    percentage wise about 75 pcgs / 25 ngc in US...with the goal of crossing all to pcgs

    about 45 pcgs / 55 NGC on the darkside...will probably seek to only cross a few to pcgs
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.




  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my coins are slabbed by PCGS.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    50 PCGS (69%)
    17 NGC (24%)
    3 ANACS (4%)
    1 PCI
    1 ACG

    New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% older ANACS

    81 Morgans
    1 trade $
    1 Jeff nickel (1939-D MS64)

    Everything else is in albums...
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

    "Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."


    ~Wayne
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that is a fair question, I would rather focus on the coin in the plastic and not the temporary plastic housing. PCGS and NGC are very capable grading companies and I will leave it at that.

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal coin collection is about 99% PCGS and 1% NGC. Although I will see about crossing a 1999-W $5 gold Unc (Mint error) coin that's in a NGC holder soon which could put me at about 99.5% PCGS and 0.5% NGC. NGC is growing on me though. Of those, I'd say 90% of the coins are post 1996. The other 10% are pre 1910. And I'd say about 60% are silver, 38% are gold, and 2% are copper.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly MS but a bunch of AU and lower. Trending more for the EF and VF range as my tastes go to the older half dollars. But I balance it by getting coins for my modern mint set.
    image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>100% of my NGC graded coins say "Collector's Society" on them. If you have one for sale, please PM me. I prefer the 50 States in Proof. Thank you and feel free to write. >>



    I only have one NGC graded coin. A Nebraska Statehood Proof Quarter.
    The rest of my slabbed collection is PCGS image

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    About 80% PCGS and 20% NGC
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭
    75% ngc, 20% PCGS 5% ANACS.

    Most of those are morgans and 20th century type. Lots of NGC because of medals.
    Ankur
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>4 pcgs slabs. 1 anacs slab.

    when it comes to half eagles in the grades i like... most ngc stuff i see
    or have owned is not very good at all. i do not take them seriously
    anymore. >>



    image NGC graded Liberty quarter eagles seem uniformly overgraded in comparison to PCGS. I have had two crossover attempts bodybag due to problems NGC missed.

    120 coins at present and all slabbed. 100% PCGS.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that about 95% of respondents assumed that "composition" refers to the insert makers. image WTF?

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly 0% ICG
    About 2% Anacs (old holders)
    About 6% NGC (mostly varieties)
    That leaves about 94% PCGS

    “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

    My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file