Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

been lurking for a while, finally joined

First, I'd like to thank Watersport for his help to date as he has answered many of my questions offline before I joined. He's a class act but you already know that.

Second, thanks for the welcome LV Teddy. You saw I snuck on the board (Russy) with my one PCGS matte. As I say in my comments, one of these days I'll try and cross my other 5. I'm a collector who just got back into the hobby after a 15 year break. All my collection ( a modest set of Lincolns) is either raw or in OGH, rattlers, or fatties.

In that regard, as I've been reading the posts daily for the past few months, most of my questions have been asked by others and answered but I still have a few pent up so I'll post on the main board but please chime in as I respect your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    don't forget to look at the giveaway forum on thursday there as i'm giving away a pcgs matty this yearimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. What are your other 5 that you want to cross? We'd love to know.
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    <<What are your other 5 that you want to cross? We'd love to know. >>

If you must, I'm number 10 on the NGC registry if you want to peek. As I mentioned, I've been out of the game for 15 years and just started playing again. I need some time to get up to speed.
  • Options
    imageyou the biggie too...wowsers and congrats on your 09-vdb proof there
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<What are your other 5 that you want to cross? We'd love to know. >>

If you must, I'm number 10 on the NGC registry if you want to peek. As I mentioned, I've been out of the game for 15 years and just started playing again. I need some time to get up to speed. >>

That temporarily puts you two below me, but then I don't have a PF65 RB VDB like you do. image You'll be jumpin' people like crazy before too long.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad your joined us and thanks for the nice comments.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

V/R

Sumdunce
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Welcome - nice to have another collector join the club -
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
  • Options
    OK, as a follow up to my OP/as a courtesy to those I left hanging, I thought I'd share. You saw last month that I sent in my '36 proof rattler as one of my 8 freebies and it upgraded (the other 7 were raw, all slabbed/graded) . I then started to send in the MPL NGC fatties for crossover. I used the Q special for one and the ezine discount for another. After going 8 for 8 on my first submission, I started getting full of myself. I was humbly brought back down to earth with a recent "DNC". Upset and discouraged, I just received the 2nd result and I'm pleased to say my NGC '09 PR65R just crossed and upgraded to a 66. I'm not sure how often this happens but I know how fortunate I am. There's been a few posts recently on the coin forum about OGH, rattler and fattie upgrading. So far I'm 2 for 3, but as mentioned these have been in a SDB for 16 years. Hopefully the next Q special will allow me the chance to send the next one (I'm cheap that way). Thanks for sharing this happy moment with me and welcoming me into your club (my wife could care less!). Sorry no pictures but if there's someone in the NJ area that does this for a fee I'd be willing to pay for a few shots.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Welcome,

Looking forward to seeing more additions to your PCGS MPL registry set.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, as a follow up to my OP/as a courtesy to those I left hanging, I thought I'd share. You saw last month that I sent in my '36 proof rattler as one of my 8 freebies and it upgraded (the other 7 were raw, all slabbed/graded) . I then started to send in the MPL NGC fatties for crossover. I used the Q special for one and the ezine discount for another. After going 8 for 8 on my first submission, I started getting full of myself. I was humbly brought back down to earth with a recent "DNC". Upset and discouraged, I just received the 2nd result and I'm pleased to say my NGC '09 PR65R just crossed and upgraded to a 66. I'm not sure how often this happens but I know how fortunate I am. There's been a few posts recently on the coin forum about OGH, rattler and fattie upgrading. So far I'm 2 for 3, but as mentioned these have been in a SDB for 16 years. Hopefully the next Q special will allow me the chance to send the next one (I'm cheap that way). Thanks for sharing this happy moment with me and welcoming me into your club (my wife could care less!). Sorry no pictures but if there's someone in the NJ area that does this for a fee I'd be willing to pay for a few shots. >>

Congrats and welcome. That 09 must really be a blazer.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Welcome! I've joined not too long ago myself, and I've found company here to be quite amiable.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    was that your 09 as in 09 vdb that just crossed and upgraded?

• Options

<< <i>was that your 09 as in 09 vdb that just crossed and upgraded? >>

No, just the plain '09. Haven't tried the VDB yet. If that does cross, you'll be the first to know.