Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Scotch Taped!

This may be a first. An ebay vendor from Belgium sent me winnings scotch taped to a paper saying about my purchases, "I wish you a good reception of it." Clueless. I am not sure if I ever got anything secured with tape.
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    I read a post a while back where someone received a coin taped to a notecard so that it didn't fall out of the envelope. So, although it may be a first for you, idiots have shipped coins like that before image
  • Options
    I was in a coin shop in Santiago Chile. The shop used scotch tape to tape the coins to a card that indicated price.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    the coin needs to be in a flip first before any taping.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten scotch taped coins, but the worst are scotch taped paper money!

On the other end of the spectrum I have gotten coins from Russia that were cleverly placed in cardboard cutouts so that they would not be detected by postal thieves - the effort the sender made to package the coins safely and securely was completely impressive.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about when you're taking delivery of a group of Unc coins that you hope will have some very high grades and they arrive all together in one plastic bag clanking each other.image
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like something from Stack's.

More than once, I received bulk lots that I won at auction. The bulked items were all thrown in together. Sometimes, some unprotected items were further mauled by stapled 2x2s that enclosed other items.

When I complained I received one of two answers:

1. Stack's takes pride in its packing (in other words, they did not believe me).
    2. It was a bulk lot and such things should be expected (stapled 2x2s mixed in with raw coins?).

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD