Home Sports Talk
Options

GM drops Tiger Woods as celebrity spokesperson for Buick in money saving move

GM saves $7 million in what they say was a mutual decision with Tiger.

No word on the fate of the Buick Open golf tournament that Tiger usually plays in, I suspect it will be cancelled at some point as well.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GM saves $7 million in what they say was a mutual decision with Tiger.

No word on the fate of the Buick Open golf tournament that Tiger usually plays in, I suspect it will be cancelled at some point as well. >>

I can't believe Tiger Woods ever sold a single car for Buick. Multi-millionaires don't drive Buicks.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Multi-millionaires don't drive Buicks

True, but the 30-handicap hacks sitting on the couch watching golf tournaments do.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    They would save even more if they would cancel Xmas bonuses and corporate jet flying...Not to mention building SUV's in Russia.

Brian
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Multi-millionaires don't drive Buicks

True, but the 30-handicap hacks sitting on the couch watching golf tournaments do. >>

That's right, so hire a 30-handicap hack golfer for $10,000 a year to be a spokesperson instead of some 7 million dollar rich dude who endorses everything to the point of it being meaningless...that's the problem with "Detroit"...7 million here and 7 million there and it starts adding up to a lot of money.

And how about almost all of the shareholder wealth evaporated now? Detroit needs to still make a lot more changes when flying to Congress in luxurious corporate jets as their stock price goes down 5% a day...they don't quite get it and hopefully now they will, and the union better get it as well that their members are going to either have to take significant wage cuts or they'll have no jobs at all..
  • Options
    that's the problem with "Detroit"...7 million here and 7 million there and it starts adding up to a lot of money.

Actually the $7mm is a spit in the ocean compared to pensions, bonus and union krap that piles on billions. But hey let's cut out the public figure who makes $7mm and all is good.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi