Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Baltimore... MPL's...

Anyone pick up any? Sell any? Any news?

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to also hear about the auctions and if the prices realized were normal or off a bit as I feel they were.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

I attended the Bowers auction that had a decent assortment of MPL cents. Here is basically how I saw it play out.
    Any Matte Proof that was nice and in PCGS plastic brought record prices. Examples are these two.

1915 PCGS PR66RB $13,225 This coin sold in a previous Bowers auction <8/07 for $5,290> up 150% in 15 months!
    1916 PCGS PR64RB $7,475 Previous high auction for this coin was $5,050 a few months ago.

The 1911 PCGS PR65BN was also a decent coin. The other PCGS coins were of low quality especially the 1914 PR62BN and 1915 PR63BN. Cheap? yes but the quality was lacking. Huge spots on these two and the 1915 was also blessed with a large fingerprint.

The other holder MPL's traded about were they should of.

Hope I don't offend anyone, especially if they bought something out of this auction. I am just trying to call a spade a spade.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Congrats to the new owner of this coin from the Bowers Auction. Setting a new record price for the 1915 date in PCGS PR66RB!

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice report Brian.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I also wanted to add that on that 16' I know a few people thought it might 65 so I think it brought more 65 money than 64.
  • Options
    Hope I don't offend anyone, especially if they bought something out of this auction. I am just trying to call a spade a spade.

Brian,

I appreciate that you're trying. Sometimes it's hard to call a spade a spade, like when you trip over one in the dark!
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!