Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Topps Mario Lemieux box Bottom hand cut rc

I was wondering if PSA will grade these hand cut cards and if they do how much they usually sell for when graded as a 7, 8, or 9? I would think they are pretty valuable considering there are 4 variations of different box bottoms that you can get out of that year. That means there is only 1 card per 4 boxes opened.

Comments

• Options
    Value ?

But I know they grade the 1989 Fleer Baseball wax bottom cards.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    What is the proper was to cut these cards. I know it has been mentioned somewhere on the message board. I just can't seem to find the link.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    they have to be cut outside of the line.

exactly how we were not taught.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    PSA also grades the entire four-card panels, which is better [in my mind] than destroying the surrounding cards to meet PSA's criteria for cutting outside the lines for the single card.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA also grades the entire four-card panels, which is better [in my mind] than destroying the surrounding cards to meet PSA's criteria for cutting outside the lines for the single card. >>

Does anyone have a pic of the holder for the four card panel box bottom?
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of a checklist for the box bottoms by year and sport?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    You'll probably get a few hundred out of it if you managed to get a decent grade. I saw a PSA 9 1985 Topps football Joe Montana box bottom sell for a few hundred a while back. I can't remember the exact figure though.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PSA also grades the entire four-card panels, which is better [in my mind] than destroying the surrounding cards to meet PSA's criteria for cutting outside the lines for the single card. >>

Does anyone have a pic of the holder for the four card panel box bottom? >>

Not my card:

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Wow.....never saw a psa four card panel........nice

1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    How would you package a four card panel and send it in?
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭

<< <i>How would you package a four card panel and send it in? >>

Topload for sure.......

Do they charge extra for casing these?

On the current 6.00 special, are you able to send other then regualr sized cards: ie; cut photostamps, or like the smaller opc stickers from the 80's?

till
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    I think it is $15- for the four-card panels
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread as Steve has a PSA 9 Topps for sale and is already getting a nice price.

1985 Topps box PSA 9 Lemieux 1/1.
  • Options
    hi, i just stumbled on this thread, i saw someone had posted a picture of the 4 card psa slab but its no longer in the thread. does anyone still have a picture of the slab?
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's