Home Sports Talk
Options

McNabb era over?

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
Discuss...

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya mean the guy who will be playing for Tampa Bay or Chicago next season?
  • Options
    Yep, that guy...image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eagles are just a bad football team. Tom Brady at QB wouldn't help this team, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

BTW, the No Name who replaced his was worse.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Dont you think he will go to Minn? Childress or no Childress I think he will be headed here.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be a McNabb defender but not anymore, he is just too inconsistent and when he is off his game he is horrendous.
  • Options
    ESPN was all over the story this morning. They implied that he was finished for the season and the other guy (what is his name?) will
    be the QB from now on. I'm not so sure of that, McNabb had a horrible game on Sunday and deserved to get benched but will he
    never play for them again this season?

Apparently there is a huge salary cap problem with his contract for next season and that along with his erratic play will probably result
    in them parting ways.
  • Options
    Reid says today that 5 will start this week and is the QB for the season.

However he will most likely not be back.

One has to go and it will be McNabb, at the moment.

I believe that if they lose 3 or more of the remaining games Reid will be gone also.

Good riddance to both. They have been wasting the time of Eagles fans for several years with the crappy play calling and inability to adjust to changing game conditions.

Pay the money, convince Cowher to come to Philly, get a fullback and suitable QB and switch to a more balanced offense. This has to be the strategy for NFC East teams at the moment.
  • Options
    Cowher isn't going to Philly!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Cowher isn't going to Philly! >>

Probably not, and Reid will probably be back in Philly.

I agree that it's very unlikely.
  • Options
    Kolb just isn't ready to step in yet - it was fairly obvious. What is troublesome is that I'm not sure at this point whether Kolb will ever be a #1 quarterback or not.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its gotta be painful to watch Garcia playing very good Football in Tampa.

Tell ya what Matt Cassel will most likely be looking for a starting job once Brady comes back- food for thought.
  • Options
    Reid will be back - there's little doubt about that - Frankly...I never thought Cowher was all that "great" - Don't forgot it took him a long time to win a Super Bowl and he got a bit lucky that year with Ben R getting on a roll and the Steelers got hot at just the right time - The Steelers didn't even have a fantastic regular season that year they won the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    bad team, declining qb with the brain power of a wet rag.
  • Options

<< <i>bad team, declining qb with the brain power of a wet rag. >>

McNabb asked one question when taking the Wonderlic.

"Can this end in a tie?"
  • Options

<< <i>Reid will be back - there's little doubt about that - Frankly...I never thought Cowher was all that "great" - Don't forgot it took him a long time to win a Super Bowl and he got a bit lucky that year with Ben R getting on a roll and the Steelers got hot at just the right time - The Steelers didn't even have a fantastic regular season that year they won the Super Bowl. >>

Cowher's all time record was 149-90-1 (161-99-1 including playoff games). Not too shabby. He did take a lot of teams to the brink of the Super Bowl (4 losses at home in AFC Championship games hurt, believe me, but the Super Bowl run more than made up for it). By your logic, the last three champs got 'lucky' then. (Pitt, Indy, and NYG all got hot late in the year after bad early season runs those years). That's the landscape of the NFL these days. That's why I'm laughing at all of the Jets-Giants fans who think just because their two teams are playing the best right now, they will be in the Super Bowl. Highly unlikely. The team that wins it this year may not even have begun to get really hot yet.
  • Options
    One rumor has Cowher going to Cleveland, right now he says he is happy doing the CBS pregame show.
  • Options

<< <i>One rumor has Cowher going to Cleveland, right now he says he is happy doing the CBS pregame show. >>

My guesses for him down the road would be Cleveland, Carolina, or possibly Washington or Dallas.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Reid will be back - there's little doubt about that - Frankly...I never thought Cowher was all that "great" - Don't forgot it took him a long time to win a Super Bowl and he got a bit lucky that year with Ben R getting on a roll and the Steelers got hot at just the right time - The Steelers didn't even have a fantastic regular season that year they won the Super Bowl. >>

Cowher's all time record was 149-90-1 (161-99-1 including playoff games). Not too shabby. He did take a lot of teams to the brink of the Super Bowl (4 losses at home in AFC Championship games hurt, believe me, but the Super Bowl run more than made up for it). By your logic, the last three champs got 'lucky' then. (Pitt, Indy, and NYG all got hot late in the year after bad early season runs those years). That's the landscape of the NFL these days. That's why I'm laughing at all of the Jets-Giants fans who think just because their two teams are playing the best right now, they will be in the Super Bowl. Highly unlikely. The team that wins it this year may not even have begun to get really hot yet. >>

I didn't realize his record was that good, but I still don't consider him a "great" coach, but of course he's better than some of the losers out there now, so for sure some teams would rather have him.

Despite his flaws, I'd rather have Andy Reid than Cowher - I still believe that one day Andy will win us a Super Bowl.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have always been a Reid fan and a McNabb fan. I will always be a fan of both actually.

But I am more of an Eagles fan, and they both need to go. End of discussion.

As far as Cowher, I'd rather have Gruden.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>I have always been a Reid fan and a McNabb fan. I will always be a fan of both actually.

But I am more of an Eagles fan, and they both need to go. End of discussion.

As far as Cowher, I'd rather have Gruden. >>

We already had three years of Gruden as an offensive coordinator and I for one wasn't unhappy to see him go - let him stay in Tampa with the Bucs...they deserve each other.
  • Options
    Come on, Its the Eagles Right? Ya had Van Buren and Give Wilbert Montgomery his due, but this organization has been a plain loser year in and year out. McNabb has always been overrated (Even when Philly fans supported him)
    Andy Reid couldn't carry the clipboard for Bill cowher! Are you kinding me???? If the Philly Front office has absurd thoughts like this as well, its no wonder the Eagles are pretty much bottom feeders of the NFL. Reid in the Same breath as Cowher ... HAAAHAAAHHAAAAA thats a good one! What next ? Reid vs Landry? LOL! or... wait....wait... Maybe you could give Dick Vermill a call and he'll come cry with the rest of you philly fans.
  • Options
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReidAn0.htm

Above is Andy Reid's coaching record. The last 4 years haven't been good for a number of reasons, but I'm still willing to give Reid a further try for some years yet. At least Reid didn't quit the team like Cowher did, and to me loyalty means something. I'm not chastising Cowher for doing so, but the fact is he did it. I'll take Reid over Cowher.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Reid says today that 5 will start this week and is the QB for the season.

However he will most likely not be back.

One has to go and it will be McNabb, at the moment.

I believe that if they lose 3 or more of the remaining games Reid will be gone also.

Good riddance to both. They have been wasting the time of Eagles fans for several years with the crappy play calling and inability to adjust to changing game conditions.

Pay the money, convince Cowher to come to Philly, get a fullback and suitable QB and switch to a more balanced offense. This has to be the strategy for NFC East teams at the moment. >>

You Eagle fans should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    McNabb era over?

not so fast my friend

he is playing well right now
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started