Home Sports Talk
Options

Big upset Syracuse 24 Notre Dame 23

The heat is on Charlie Weis, he can't be looking forward to the post game news conference, or facing the press back in South Bend.

Comments

• Options
    My mistake, the game was at Notre Dame so he doesn't have to go home to face the press. image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he can take over Washington for Herm.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... the unexpected can happen. I remember when Missouri upset Notre Dame in the early 1970's in Columbia... it was probably one of the biggest upsets involving ND... I'm sure they were in the top 8 at the time

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    UNREAL! I left the house and ND was ahead 23 - 10 (I think). Even though they are not a real good team, they were still a 19.5 point favorite over a TERRIBLE Syracuse team. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO ND THIS CENTURY?

Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Is it really an upset when both teams suck?

I'm going to put it this way....Notre Dame is like Ferrari. Years ago, they stood out from everyone else. Witnessing them in action captivated an audience. The times have changed and everyone else has caught up. They just don't have the appeal like they used to. At one time there was no mistaking them, but now they blend into the pack.

Where is the reward for playing at Notre Dame? Most of these kids don't care about the school's history and reputation. They just want to win. They have no shot at a conference championship, so it's either a National Championship or nothing. What are you playing for?
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    it's a sad state of affairs in South Bend right now. Students throwing snowballs at their own team, losing to Syracuse, having the slowest team in major college football, even though you have a deal where you are on national TV a guaranteed 6 times a year, and often up to 8 or 9 times a year? They should never be outside the top 10.
  • Options
    Used to be it was a great honor to play for ND, now it is just another school, not that big a deal. The great history of the school football
    program just isn't an incentive to go there anymore for most players. As people are saying other schools have caught up and surpassed ND as the place to go for national recognition of your football talents. The NBC deal is a big "so what?" as the other networks cover the big
    name schools on a consistant basis anyway.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Used to be it was a great honor to play for ND, now it is just another school, not that big a deal. The great history of the school football
    program just isn't an incentive to go there anymore for most players. As people are saying other schools have caught up and surpassed ND as the place to go for national recognition of your football talents. The NBC deal is a big "so what?" as the other networks cover the big
    name schools on a consistant basis anyway. >>

Not sure about Notre Dame not being high on the list of most players. Since Weis has been here he has brought in one of the best recruiting classes in the nation year after year. I think the problem now with Notre Dame is Weis. Notre Dame was stupid to sign this guy for a 10 year contract. Weis will be back next year because of ND is paying this guy soooooo much and now they are stuck with him. Bottom line is he has brought in the top recruits in the country and the team still stinks. image
  • Options
    I'm not so sure they are stuck with him, he could be bought out of the contract but it would be expensive. Can a great recruiting class
    rise above poor coaching? I'm not sure, anyway I'm always skeptical about recruiting classes being touted as great, some highly touted
    freshman will sometimes fail at the college level no matter who is coaching.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Will "Pear Bryant" be given his walking papers?
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> They should never be outside the top 10. >>

Well, unfortunately for them, they still have to play the games.