Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Finished the 65 set...7th on the registry 8.12

Pretty happy as I got the last card needed to complete my set.

Not one card is graded less than an 8 with 80 of the cards in 9's (picked up a few more 9's that are not entered yet)
I have some real nice low pop 9's (which less then 10 exisit)

The last card was #21 which was secured in an 8.

I am looking to do some upgrades over time.

I know as set collectors what it means to finish something like this to everyone.

So now I can concentrate on my other projects...
T-206's 25% complete
1971 Topps (55% finished in all 8's)
1973 Topps Baseball all psa 9's and 10's
1974 Topps Baseball 8's, 9's, and 10's.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on a great accomplishment, and good luck on your other sets.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Sweet!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very good!!

I too built that set, what a beast!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Good job! Congratulations, very nice set.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    This is one of my favorite sets. One day I might give it a shot.

Way to go , on the completion !!!!!image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Congrats, I LOVE the 65 set. I am very jealous!
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty happy as I got the last card needed to complete my set.

Not one card is graded less than an 8 with 80 of the cards in 9's (picked up a few more 9's that are not entered yet)

>>

Congratulations...I've just started
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty happy as I got the last card needed to complete my set.

>>

Congratulations! I've just started this set and, on a very limited budget, will probably be working on it for the foreseeable future.

If you're still holding on to the 8's that you upgraded, and you're interested in selling, shoot me a PM. There won't be many that I don't need. image

Take care.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Great Set !! Congratulations on your accomplishment!!
  • Options
    Congrats , hopefully the market doesn't crash and ruin your investment. A lot of people in Chicago this weekend felt that way. Just a matter of time in their opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats , hopefully the market doesn't crash and ruin your investment. A lot of people in Chicago this weekend felt that way. Just a matter of time in their opinion. >>

My cards are collections, and looked upon as such.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Wow, nice set! How long did it take you to put that beauty together? Did you submit most of the cards yourself? Did you have a few high grade sets and get cards from those? Or were you one of the winners of the sets from one of the recent big auction houses that sold it complete? Congratulations.
  • Options
    Great job! I've noticed you climbing your way to the top end of the registry.
    It's a good time to upgrade, now, as a lot of 9's are going for bargain basement prices (as compared with 2 or 3 years ago).
    Keep up the good work.

Russell ('65 in 9, #2 on the registry)
  • Options
    Way to go! I will probably never know what it feels like to accomplish such a feat. That takes great focus, and I am always changing what I want to go after. I wish I had the money to put together several high end PSA sets, as it is hard to narrow it down to one or two to focus on.
    Anyway, congratulations on completing your goal!image

Semper Fi,
    Dan
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, I have not seen high grade cards selling for big discounts yet. I don't think you need to worry about value as that set is one of the all time best.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Way to go!!! Great set!

edited to add: just checked out your other sets.. Very Nice.. that 55 Clemente is a beauty!
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on completing a terrific set!
  • Options
    Congrats! I don't see any decline in graded cards from the early- mid 60s either. Great accomplishment and a beauty of a set! image