Home Sports Talk

I need help football fans !!!

Im in a knockout pool with a huge pot and this week is the first week that i haven't been able to decide on a pick

I couldn't pick the obvious teams this week i.e Pittsburgh because i used them already earlier in the season

Im having trouble deciding between Tenn @ home vs Jets ---------- or---------- Tampa Bay @ Detroit ( my picks would be Tenn or T.B )

The Jets have been playing really well lately and picking Tenn really scares me

Now the Bucs at Detroit looks obvious but i have a funny feeling Detroit gets it's first win of the season at home. I mean no team goes winless for an entire season right ? Detroit has been playing decent lately and have been in alot of their games of late. Losing Earnest Graham for the season didn't make choosing TB any easier. Tampa's not a great away team either.

Who would you guys pick out of those two games and WHY ?

Dave

Comments

• Titans, the #1 team in the football with the best defense will collect 3 Favre interceptions.

Tampa Bay, because not a single person in Detroit, including the Lions team and management believe they can win. Tampa Bay sucks as you noted, but at least they believe they don't suck. So, when I look at two sucky teams, I would go with the one that believes they can win.

Lions will get their first win against the Saints in a few weeks. The Saints have shown they can put up great stats, not turn over the ball more then the other side, and still lose....and do it again the next week.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    My poor Lions suck, but usually not against TB. Detroit will likely beat TB... Go with the Titans. image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Titans are due for a loss IMO- I dont like that game it could get ugly.

Tampa should crush the Lions they are just so awful its funny.
  • Ask yourself this question.........can you realistically come up with a scenario where Detroit can actually win a game? Go with Tampa. Save that Tennessee pick for their game against Detroit next week!
  • Detroit played Carolina tight last week in Carolina, i thought that game would be a blowout.

I don't think Detroit is bad enough to lose every game this year are they ? lol . You do have a great point about me saving Tenn for next week though because there aren't many favorable matchups next week for me either.

This decision has been tearing me apart all week lol . I actually emailed my pick of Tenn already to the guy but i have until 10:00 pm tonight to change my mind.
  • THe Jets are smoke and mirrors. The titans will handle them.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detroit is overdue.....take em. TB is due to take a serious dump.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take TB without question. Jets are playing well and Tenn has been winning close games but hardly dominating. There's a reason that the spread is twice as high for TB-Det as it is for NY-Tenn. That means that TB is twice as likely to beat Detroit than Tenn is to beat the Jets.

Jets may actually win this game, IMO, though I am a biased NY fan, of course.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you went with TB...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Thanks to mpeter and a friend who said he would take Tampa if he was me, i changed my pick last night.

I can't say i wasn't worried sick when they were down 17 but im glad it worked out . I live to play another week

My pick will more than likely be Tenn vs Det this Thurs.

btw, 17 out of the 85 left lost this week taking Denver over Oak.

Dave