Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

FSH: (2007) Jefferson $1 Missing Edge Lettering PCGS MS65 - ***SOLD***

This is also mixed in with my BST post that I have running, but I read the rules here so I think it's ok to post this one here as well. Not looking for trouble image

(2007) Jefferson $1 Missing Edge Lettering Error PCGS MS65 - ***SOLD***
PCGS Guide has this at $2850 with a green up arrow! I remember these going for much more than that a year ago. Nice coin in a really cool PCGS Edge View holder. Not a perfect coin of course (as it's MS65), but very appropriate for the grade in my opinion, has a small hit on liberty's arm and a few bag marks on the obverse field. Sorry I don't have a picture of the edge, but there's nothing there anyways image

Includes USPS Registered shipping and insurance. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Edit:
In the past 24 hours or so, I've learned quite a bit about this particular coin. Apparently, many of these graded coins are being hoarded and not freely released to the market. Accordingly, I've been advised by a few that the PCGS Guide prices don't accurately reflect the market on these. However, in trying to do my own due diligence in determining what the "real" market price is, I have been unable to find any Teletrade or Heritage history on this coin, looks like none have appeared in the major auctions (unless my searching is bad). The only thing I can find is one in the same grade for sale on eBay for $3100. So, instead of just stating that the PCGS Guide doesn't accurately reflect the true market price on these, it seems to me to be more accurate to say that there isn't a market price on these at all as they don't seem to change hands.

That said, if anyone has interest in this coin, I'm definitely open to selling as I'm not much into moderns myself. Only picked this one up because I thought I was getting a good deal on it... we'll see about that ... All offers will be considered. Thanks and thanks to everyone for the background info on this coin, interesting situation... image