Home Precious Metals
Options

What Does It Take........

To buy bullion straight from the governments and at what premium do they sell at ?

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I was checking that out on the Perth Mint website the other day. You have to have a proven track record of bullion sales and purchase $50,000 worth of product. I don't know what constitutes a good track record though....

Perth mint does Lunar series, Kooks, Kangaroos, etc.
    Becky
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    the royal canadian mint wants you to have a brick and mortar
    store with plenty of existing sales. if you do not have a real store
    your internet presence or track record has to be proven.

the minimum amounts, which i have forgotten, is way up there.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    To become a United States Mint Authorized Purchaser, your firm must meet the following financial and professional criteria, which must be attested to by an internationally accepted accounting firm.

Be an experienced and established market-maker in gold/platinum and/or silver bullion coins.
    Provide a liquid two-way market for the coins.
    Be audited annually by an internationally-accepted accounted firm.
    Have an established broad base of retail customer base in which to distribute the coins.
    Have a tangible net worth of $50 million for Gold and Platinum Eagles, and $5 million for Silver Eagles. This requirement may be met using letter of credit.
    Have sold over 100,000 ounces of gold bullion coins over any twelve-month period since 1990. (This criterion is for becoming a United States Mint Authorized Purchaser of gold bullion.)
    Premiums and Minimums
    The United States Mint charges a modest preminum above the current market price of platinum, gold, and silver to cover minting, distribution and marketing costs.

For the Silver Eagle, they charge the United States Mint's Authorized Purchasers the price of silver plus $1.25 per coin premium. Minimum ordering requirement is 25,000 coins.
    For the Gold Eagles, they charge 3%, 5%, 7% and 9% premiums for the one, one-half, one-quarter and one-tenth ounce coins respectively. Minimum ordering requirements are 1000 ounces.
    For the Platinum Eagles, they charge 4%, 6%, 10% and 15% premiums for the one, one-half, one-quarter and one-tenth ounces coins respectively. Minimum ordering requirements are 1000 ounces
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To become a United States Mint Authorized Purchaser, your firm must meet the following financial and professional criteria, which must be attested to by an internationally accepted accounting firm.

Be an experienced and established market-maker in gold/platinum and/or silver bullion coins.
    Provide a liquid two-way market for the coins.
    Be audited annually by an internationally-accepted accounted firm.
    Have an established broad base of retail customer base in which to distribute the coins.
    Have a tangible net worth of $50 million for Gold and Platinum Eagles, and $5 million for Silver Eagles. This requirement may be met using letter of credit.
    Have sold over 100,000 ounces of gold bullion coins over any twelve-month period since 1990. (This criterion is for becoming a United States Mint Authorized Purchaser of gold bullion.)
    Premiums and Minimums
    The United States Mint charges a modest preminum above the current market price of platinum, gold, and silver to cover minting, distribution and marketing costs.

For the Silver Eagle, we charge the United States Mint's Authorized Purchasers the price of silver plus $1.25 per coin premium. Minimum ordering requirement is 25,000 coins.
    For the Gold Eagles, we charge 3%, 5%, 7% and 9% premiums for the one, one-half, one-quarter and one-tenth ounce coins respectively. Minimum ordering requirements are 1000 ounces.
    For the Platinum Eagles, we charge 4%, 6%, 10% and 15% premiums for the one, one-half, one-quarter and one-tenth ounces coins respectively. Minimum ordering requirements are 1000 ounces >>

So... what you are basically saying here is that I would be over qualified to buy from them image
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    For the Silver Eagle, they charge the United States Mint's Authorized Purchasers the price of silver plus $1.25 per coin premium. Minimum ordering requirement is 25,000 coins.

That premium has now gone to $1.40ea.

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!