Home Precious Metals
Options

Apmex has everything!

Whos buying! 100 oz JM bars @ $1160 in stock! 1 oz,10 oz rounds and bars. So much to choose from. Oh my! Did anyone pick up the GIM's they had for $11 yesterday?

Comments

• Options
    Supply catching up to demand it seems. Wait for the lower premiums.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Commodities are crashing, keep some powder dry.image
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Supply catching up to demand it seems. Wait for the lower premiums. >>

I have to say if gold hovers around $650 and silver under $9 I may pull the trigger on some large purchases.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I'd like a JM bar but not those "loaf" bars they make
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like a JM bar but not those "loaf" bars they make >>

Yep. They may be the ugliest looking bar out there.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    The Ohio Precious Metals bars with the "recycling" logo on them are a pretty close second in terms of ugliness.

I don't get it. Engelhard made such sweet looking bars 20 years ago... these other companies operating today have no excuse.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>

I have to say if gold hovers around $650 and silver under $9 I may pull the trigger on some large purchases. >>

I think those are realistic targets. Both look very weak lately.
  • Options
    Over priced.....................
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    If/when silver gets back into the eights I'll pick up another 100 0Z.

IMO there is little downside risk there and potentntial, with patience, for some profit. JMHO, jws
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If/when silver gets back into the eights I'll pick up another 100 0Z.

IMO there is little downside risk there and potentntial, with patience, for some profit. JMHO, jws >>

I have to agree. While I think the time period will be shorter, if you look at a multi-year time period, I think silver's a good buy.
  • Options

<< <i>

I have to say if gold hovers around $650 and silver under $9 I may pull the trigger on some large purchases. >>

Since silver $15, when the high premiums on physical started being reported on the forum, I've been writing that the premium itself is a useful indicator. When and if the premium goes negative when silver is moving down, that will be the "mother of all buying opportunities," no matter the spot price. A negative premium, such as 10% across the board on average on eBay, will be a sign of panic selling, when the little guy has given up all hope and has the uncontrollable urge to dump at any price, because they feel a sense of imminent danger. This kind of panic bottom may or may not occur, but if it does show up, be ready to load the boat.

Markets are the same all over, driven by greed and fear. As long as greed rules in the form of historically high premiums realized on eBay, odds favor lower prices. As always, a single indicator is never the end all and be all.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "little guy" on ebay is hardly the beacon for the silver market. The majority of silver buyers over the past few years that bought physical to put away had the means to do so and that shouldn't change much even in the current economy. I don't see them unloading if silver goes lower.

How many hundreds of 100 oz bars does Apmex have? Because if it's not 100's or 1000's of them it's a pittance.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Silver eagle rolls are $290 a pop at APMEX now. Getting cheaper by the day. Glad I sold a few rolls a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    I am waiting also. Seems like Apmex is always $5 or more over spot. At least on their web sight.
  • Options

<< <i>I am waiting also. Seems like Apmex is always $5 or more over spot. At least on their web sight. >>

I think that premium is gonna come down dramatically pretty soon. The gold/silver bull looks dead in the water for now.
  • Options

<< <i>The "little guy" on ebay is hardly the beacon for the silver market. The majority of silver buyers over the past few years that bought physical to put away had the means to do so and that shouldn't change much even in the current economy. I don't see them unloading if silver goes lower.

How many hundreds of 100 oz bars does Apmex have? Because if it's not 100's or 1000's of them it's a pittance.

roadrunner >>

I don't see them unloading either. I see them picking up alot more. For me its like the stock market. If you are in it for the long haul its been a great opportunity to pick up some bargins.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't have what I'm lookin for. image
  • Options
    Everything except 25% Cashback!
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭

<< <i>So much to choose from. Oh my! >>

It can't be! There is a silver shortage.image

CG
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about their 40% $1,000 bag of silver coins for $11.58 and oz, roughly?

What is the latest and greatest ratio for face value in silver terms?

R
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold/silver bull looks dead in the water for now.

You must be looking at a different gold market than I am. While it's direction is confusing at times, it's far from bearish/dead imo. TPTB continue to pummel it on a daily basis to make the dollar "look" worthwhile yet they cannot seem to push gold down any further. And the longer it sits in the $675-$775 trading range, the more it's gold positive.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold