Home Precious Metals
Options

2008 W Buffs and AGE's dark

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
The other forum is going nuts...thought I would bring some of the mayhem here.

I ordered two 1/4's, a buff proof and AGE unc and they went "product no longer available" after checkout.

Ren

Comments

• Options

We don't need no stinking mayhem. image

According to "the other forum" there are only two people who post in our PM forum, and they argue with each other. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    I don't really see what the big deal is. Modern overpriced bullion not for sale by the Mint anymore? Is that exciting?
  • Options
    It's exciting to me but then again I'm leaving for the doctor's in a few minutes. No, not a shrink.

The "other forum" is stating that plats are dark too.

Seems suspicious.

RG, you might be right. They may be repricing for midnight madness.

Ren
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may be reoffered under the "NO RETURNS" closeout policy.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They may be reoffered under the "NO RETURNS" closeout policy. >>

That would be OK. I've been looking to buy a 1/4 ounce on the secondary market, but the prices have been strong.
    Becky
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't really see what the big deal is. Modern overpriced bullion not for sale by the Mint anymore? Is that exciting? >>

speculators find it exciting. everything is collectible you know.
    double your money in a few months. after all, collectibles do that,
    right?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't really see what the big deal is. Modern overpriced bullion not for sale by the Mint anymore? Is that exciting? >>

speculators find it exciting. everything is collectible you know. double your money in a few months. after all, collectibles do that, right? >>

ok, I see. You have to be a speculator to be excited about this. Carry on.
  • Options
    Silly Mint.

I reordered the two 1/4's and they are back on.

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>

speculators find it exciting. everything is collectible you know.
    double your money in a few months. after all, collectibles do that,
    right? >>

Very true fc, I have doubled on numerous collectibles whether they are coins, bullion, prints, hot chritsmas toys or gaming systems. You keep your ear to the street, you position yourself to act and you take advantage of the opportunity. Some people look at the results and say "you are one lucky b@stard".

Not really, its just about doing a little homework and knowing when to strike. Sometimes you swing and miss though.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The real speculators here are the ones that collect those rare fiat dollars, good luck with thatimage
  • Options
    I've got Buffs, fractional Buffs and Plats on order and they say in stock and reserved for each.

I think it's a safe bet I'll get them.

The fractional Buffs seem to have the most potential to me.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

We don't need no stinking mayhem. image

According to "the other forum" there are only two people who post in our PM forum, and they argue with each other. image >>

dang icon upload day???
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's exciting to me but then again I'm leaving for the doctor's in a few minutes. No, not a shrink.

The "other forum" is stating that plats are dark too.

Seems suspicious.

RG, you might be right. They may be repricing for midnight madness.

Ren >>

nothing wrong with shrinks and "better living through chemistry"image