Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Another Double Die 46S Roosie ???

Did not have to look far for this coin. It was in my registry set. It sure looks like a double die to me. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
Ken

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Torch looks doubled.
    Dan
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

You have an FS-502. What is the grade?. This is the most common of all the 46-S varieties
    and available up to MS66FB.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ken,

You have an FS-502. What is the grade?. This is the most common of all the 46-S varieties
    and available up to MS66FB. >>

This coin is in a 67FB holder. The coin that Carl W. put up on the coin forum the other day was a 67FB coin also. It looks like maybe two 67's could be made shortly.

One other question. If you send a coin in for designation review do they leave the grade as it is and just check for the designation? I do not want the grade changing on this coin.

Ken
  • Options

<< <i>This coin is in a 67FB holder. The coin that Carl W. put up on the coin forum the other day was a 67FB coin also. It looks like maybe two 67's could be made shortly.

One other question. If you send a coin in for designation review do they leave the grade as it is and just check for the designation? I do not want the grade changing on this coin.

Ken >>

Make sure you "check" Regrade for your type of submission. If you read the back of the submission form for PCGS graded coins, "PCGS guarantees coins will not be downgraded."
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the notching on the serifs of UNITED STATES, too. great variety.

So what are the chances that these two 67FS coins came out of the same roll or were sent in on the same submission? I know from plenty of roll searching experience that it's not at all unusual to pull multiple examples from the same die out of an OBW. Is there anything in the cert numbers that might tell if they came from the same source?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check out the notching on the serifs of UNITED STATES, too. great variety.

So what are the chances that these two 67FS coins came out of the same roll or were sent in on the same submission? I know from plenty of roll searching experience that it's not at all unusual to pull multiple examples from the same die out of an OBW. Is there anything in the cert numbers that might tell if they came from the same source?

Sean Reynolds >>

Sean if you are talking about the two coins Carl and I have they for sure were not made in the same submission. I made mine about a year and a half ago and it was the only 46S I sent in.

Ken
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Ken, actually, as Nick noted, yours is a 502 and the one Carl has is a 501......both very nice coins in MS67FB! Congrats....
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!