1B Adrian Gonzalez, Padres
2B Brandon Phillips, Reds
3B David Wright, Mets
SS Jimmy Rollins, Phillies
OF Nate McLouth, Pirates; Carlos Beltran, Mets; Shane Victorino, Phillies

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add: I don't follow the NL a whole lot, so are these good choices?
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    The only one that strikes me as silly is first base. Pujols should have won easily. Berkman and Lee were better than Gonzalez as well.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to all the winners and especially to Maddox on a great career. I read on the Dodgers web site his agent says it sounds like Maddox will retire.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, Yadier Molina gets a Gold Glove award. He deserved it in 2006 and 2007, by a long shot. It is amazing to me that he finally gets it in 2008, his worst defensive season yet.

Here is what I find laughable. No, not Pujols, even though I think he deserved it. I find it amazing that David Wright won over Troy Glaus. Glaus had the best defensive season in the majors at 3rd base. I think he even set a record (or come very close) for fielding percentage at 3rd base.

I know, I'm a Cardinals fan, so I have no credibility, right? Well, I only happen to take up for the Cardinals that deserve it. I can actually back it up with facts.

Shane

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Pujols got slighted, but he will win the pampers cry to your red award..coming out right after they give the MVP to Howard!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Pujols got slighted, but he will win the pampers cry to your red award..coming out right after they give the MVP to Howard!

JS >>

I thought Kleenex put out that award.

Shane

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    mclouth was a nice surprise, i think he is a very good player
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    FWIW-Neyer thinks McLouth was a horrible choice-one of the worst defensive OFs in the league. He agrees with Wright, and states that Molina should be on his 3rd or 4th GG by now. He thinks the poor choices were McLouth, Victorino, and Gonzalez.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    FWIW David Wright led all 3rd basemen with assists meaning he got to balls that guys like Glaus waved at.

Just throwing some facts out there as well.

edited to add: Not saying that Glaus was not deserving as well.

Remember, it is the managers and coaches that do this voting, baseball men all.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Phillies - YES!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan Howard for MVP.
  • Options

<< <i>FWIW David Wright led all 3rd basemen with assists meaning he got to balls that guys like Glaus waved at.

Just throwing some facts out there as well.

edited to add: Not saying that Glaus was not deserving as well.

Remember, it is the managers and coaches that do this voting, baseball men all.

Steve >>

That is misleading. Glaus had only 20 fewer opportunities, but he had half the errors that Wright had.

Shane