Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA Authentication Special

For the first time PSA/DNA is offering an authentication special for basketball autographs.
We've listed this special with the Collectors Club special and it is also on the PSA/DNA site.

You can read the special at this link. .

The PSA/DNA special is for PSA/DNA services only.

Carol

Comments

• Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    No Baseball??
  • Options
    Hoops Stars = Basketball.

• Options
    Are they doing Football or Baseball specials after Basketball?
  • Options
    I don't know. This is the first special PSA/DNA has run so I'm sure we'll see how this one goes before any more are planned.

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!! Thanks. image
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! Mike

• Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    If we submit a siged card for authentication...does it get slabbed under this special if player qualifies?

thanx - DR
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>If we submit a siged card for authentication...does it get slabbed under this special if player qualifies?

thanx - DR >>

If you are asking if the card will go through PSA grading the answer is no. This is for PSA/DNA service only.(blue flips only)

If you are unsure of the difference you can do a search on this forum for past explanations.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Does this apply to cards only or are jerseys, balls, etc included?
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>Does this apply to cards only or are jerseys, balls, etc included? >>

taken from the Special ....

"Fill out a PSA/DNA submission form and write HOOPS STAR SPECIAL on the top of the form. Click here to print out a PSA/DNA submission form.

Send your cards with a check or credit card number to PSA using the shipping instructions on the submission form."

PoppaJ
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Was just wondering if the cards will be slabbed or a sticker placed on it.

thanx - DR
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    football!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>Was just wondering if the cards will be slabbed or a sticker placed on it.

thanx - DR >>

I take it the cards will just have a sticker placed on them. With the $10 fee plus $10 for slabbing, you are better off just sending in the cards for $20 via a collector's club PSA/DNA submission and getting the grading for free if desired.
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Carol stated "blue flip" in a few messages above - which could only mean slabbed/encapsulated. Good deal, I hope other sports follow.

- Joe
  • Options
    It applies to all pieces not just cards.

The highlighted portion was taken from out normal specials and was missed.
    It should read items.

If you send a card in and do not choose encapsulation (you must choose this option on the form, if you don't, we won't default to encapsulation!) the card will be stickered.
    Also, you can not mix items for encapsulation with items not being encapsulated.

Ex: If you have a card and a jersey to send in, if you want the card encapsulated it must be on its own form with its own return shipping.

Carol
  • Options
    Still confused if we send a card will PSA/DNA encapsulate it for the special price or do we have to pay extra? Sorry if this has been explained but I'm not that bright.
  • Options
    If you send an autographed card (in person signature) in to PSA/DNA and choose encapsulation on the PSA/DNA form we will authenticate the signature and encapsulate the card for $10. These will receive a blue flip and will not go through PSA graders.

Remember, you have to check the Encapsulation box on the form. If not checked PSA/DNA will not assume you want the item encapsulated nor will they call and ask you. If you forget, the item will be stickered.

This encapsulation isn't for cards only; we can encapsulate cuts as well.

Carol
  • Options

<< <i>If you send an autographed card (in person signature) in to PSA/DNA and choose encapsulation on the PSA/DNA form we will authenticate the signature and encapsulate the card for $10. These will receive a blue flip and will not go through PSA graders.

Remember, you have to check the Encapsulation box on the form. If not checked PSA/DNA will not assume you want the item encapsulated nor will they call and ask you. If you forget, the item will be stickered.

This encapsulation isn't for cards only; we can encapsulate cuts as well.

Carol >>

Carol,

I got this email today -

We recently received your submission; however we are unable to process it at this time.

The encapsulation fee is $10 per card.

Submission 183820- 6 cards
    Submission 183817- 24 cards

Please give authorization to charge an addition $300 if you would like them encapsulated.

Please respond to this email at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Jessica Haisley
    Customer Service
    Collectors Universe

I am not sure why I got this email asking me to pay extra $10 per encapsulation (total additional $300) while your response from this thread clearly states that this Dec PSA/DNA special for basketball is $10 for authentication + encapsulation?

Austin
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21