Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Santa Clara Coin Show Thread - November 13-16, 2008

It's coming soon. It snuck right up on me. November 13-16. Two weeks from now!

Oh, man, i'm still paying off the L.B. Heritage Auctions.

I had big plans. Plans change. I must reassess my comfort level with respect to 'disposable income'. Perhaps I need to redefine disposable income and start lying to myself? Bad bad bad.
I will have to try and cough something up.

Does anyone know if any grading classes will be offered? I want to attend one!

I suppose there ought to be some organized get-together. I'm sort of familiar with the area and consider it to be somewhat of a corporate wasteland. My favorite place for food (lunch) is about a mile away...Andy's BBQ. This is about as good as California gets with BBQ in my opinion. I'm open to anything, but will resist the catering at the convention center if I can. I believe that Becoka knows more about the places real close by to the center.

With two weeks to go, we have plenty of time to prep. So...any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    /crickets chirping/

Is it going to be a totally dead show, then?

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not going to be there in person - but - which company is running the "Official" auction ?

And...more importantly ...why havn't I received the catalog ?

If its Superior - I'll understand - I told them to stop harrassing me about consigning my collection.

Although I have been an active bidder with them on many occasions.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on being there Friday and Saturday provided I can mooch some rooming from friends.

I'm thinking of getting a 19Lyds shirt made so that some of you folks will know exactly what to shoot at! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, another thread was started by SuperDad on this a couple weeks back.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I missed every one of these previous threads.

• Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    I knew Andy's BBQ was gone from its former location in Campbell, but I didn't know they'd
    actually moved and opened in another location. Thanks!

Mark

The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there again.

Andy's BBQ isn't bad, but hardly worthy of the cuisine you can get in Silicon Valley. Let's be bolder and go for Thai in Sunnyvale, Indian in Mtn View, or one of the dozens of superb sushi spots all over the Bay Area. For an all-American dinner let's line up at Los Altos Grill! The possibilities are endless. (Just stay away from bad Californian pizza, bagels and bakeries. I lived in NY my first 33 years.)
  • Options
    I'll try to make it.

Andy's used to be one of 2 old fashioned, open brick oven, BBQ places with the menu written on a chalk board. I haven't been there since they were forced to move from the Campbell location. In any case I thought Henry's Hi-Life in downtown SJ was better. I can't think of any notable restaurant near the Santa Clara Convention center and can't see driving off site for mediocre sushi. There used to be a decent happy hour at Nicolino's which is pretty close...
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there thursday afternoon and evening/(auction), and also on saturday.

Would anybody like to get together at some set time on one of those days?
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there Thursday all day. Please see the other Santa Clara thread for more details.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there Thur & Fri 12-2
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be hittin' El Pollo Loco image Haven't been there in years...don't have 'em up here in the North Bay image
  • Options
    I hope to be there Thursday at the opening bell, selling some things to McIntosh, Fragner, or
    Doug Bird.

The problem is I'm pretty new to the forums and I don't know who any of you are! I could
    trip over you and get some of my chocolate on your peanut butter, and still now know that
    you are a forum member.

If you're a dealer, you're on the forum, and you'll be at the show, speak up, let me know
    what is the name on your booth, or PM me so I can check you out.

If you'll not be behind a table, I have no idea how I'll find you. Is someone organizing a
    rendezvous?

Thanks,
    Mark

The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file