Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

is there a way to find out if a professional athlete lives in your hometown?

i know there are many sites for TTM addresses, where you search the player's name and you get their address, any way to search just city, state?
"Don't ban me because i'm beautiful" - Me

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson

Comments

• Options
    Phone book
  • Options
    i was going to say phone book as well

If you live in a small town , just go door to door and ask.....Are you famous?
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    Tyrone Drakeford (49ers) works at the Boys and Girls club near where I work.

Anyone want this stiff's autograph?
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    Cory Alexander owns and works at a local automobile body shop (audio, rims, tints, etc) ten min away from my house. He played in the NBA for a few teams.

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson
  • Options

• Options
    Google your city and click on the Wikipedia writeup.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    John David Booty's mom and dad live a few miles from me. Todd Walker (Twins, Cubs and I forgot who else) lives about 10 minutes from me. I am half owner of a house about 25 miles outside of Shreveport that is 200 yards through the woods from Terry Bradshaw's ranch (I think his cousin lives there right now).

That's all I got unless someone wants about 10 auto'd 8x10s of Hal Sutton.

Ooh Ooh!! I forgot Stromile Swift lives here too and my sister used to (about 20 years ago) live next door to the Junkyard Dog. Yeah we got some superstars. Better recognize.
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    if they are a sex offender, then yes! good luck with that.....
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is there a way to find out if a professional athlete lives in your hometown? >>

Sprinkle assorted drugs across your front lawn. By morning, you'll have your answer.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    any way to search just city, state?

nope, not on any ttm site that am on
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much any city of any size has at least one pro athlete living there.

Tabe
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    in the mid-80s Dave Bergman and Ernie Whitt were going to my church (Calvary Assembly of God) in Roseville MI. No lie.... just bragging
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    ask a neighbor
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    in L.A.?

pretty much not a day goes by when you DON'T. image
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for specific people, you can go to your city hall and search public records. For example if the athlete owns property in the city, it will be in the county recorder records...of course a very famous athlete will probably have a holding company or agent name on the records.

You can often search your local newspaper web site or google news for newspaper articles on athletes in your town.

Depending on the size of your town, a simple phone call or email to the local newspaper sports desk might yield some info.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how to find out what stars living in your hometown other than reading the articles written about them and seeing the mentions of your town. You can always start googling your town name to search.

Here are some of the names in my town that I know of right now and a few past. I live in Redondo Beach, CA, but I'm just around the corner from Hermosa Beach and a couple miles from Manhattan Beach.
    Manhattan Beach has lots of pro atheletes residing....I know Eric Karros's daughter plays h.s. volleyball up the street from us. Mia Hamm and Normar Garciaparra live a few miles up the blvd. Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton (also owns a restaurant there), Lamar Odom, Kurt Rambis, Brian Shaw, Landon Jordan, I believe Ms. Sharapova is residing down here presently, 75% of the LA Kings (I read that in the paper recently) , alot of pro vollyball players in Manhattan and Hermosa, Mike Piazza used to live down here and I used to see him and Karros often (they ate at the Cheesefactory), Tiger is a former resident as well. Shaq used to rent a home down here,.

Very interesting post. I think I will have to start looking into it.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Jack Smalling who has been publishing a home address list of every baseball player for nearly 30 years puts out an updated book every couple years and the latest version has a 'cross reference' section in the back of the book listing players by city/state. It will surely save you a trip to City Hall.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Jack Smalling who has been publishing a home address list of every baseball player for nearly 30 years puts out an updated book every couple years and the latest version has a 'cross reference' section in the back of the book listing players by city/state. It will surely save you a trip to City Hall. >>

Linky for Jack Smalling
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ive heard of smailing, id rather use meiselman,scn,and startiger at least harvey sends you email updates every month now,and is not just baseball
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ive heard of smailing, id rather use meiselman,scn,and startiger at least harvey sends you email updates every month now,and is not just baseball >>

does Meiselman provide a cross reference directory by city/state?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    I usually check the wanted posters at the post office; typically ill see a few local athletes names image