Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Justsnipe, anyone having problems?

I set 2 snipes last night for 2 auctions. The auctions ended while I was at work earlier today.

I didn't see the two cards in "items won" on my ebay page so I went to justsnipe. The auctions are still there on the snipe list and it says there is 14 hours left on each one.

Problem is, the auctions ended at about noon today. What the???

Comments

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    from justsnipe:

In the past couple of days, we have noticed that some users experienced failed bid with "Snipe error" message. This issue occurs to those account with weak password combination.

Recently, eBay has been blocking users with weak password combination. If you are getting "Snipe Error" message, you should try to change your password combination on eBay to a stronger one (with letters, numbers, and capital letters). Once you have done so and then updated your eBay information on JustSnipe accordingly, you can rest assured that our service will be able to successfully place bids on your behalf.

Dunno.......might be part of the problem
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm thats weird. I am not getting an error though.

My snipe page shows two active snipes with 13 hours to go and counting but the auctions were over 10 hours ago..lol
  • Options
    There is definitely a problem with Just Snipe.

I had 4 snipes today and in every case Just Snipe changed the ending date of the auction from October 31st to November 1st.

The auctions are over and still show on the "current snipe ordrers" page. All auctions sold for half what they should have so I suspect this problem is very widespread.

The problem is NOT with a "weak password" - at least not in my case.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    It's not only JustSnipe, BladingBid is down too. Maybe eBay has implemented some new software.
  • Options

<< <i>It's not only JustSnipe, BladingBid is down too. Maybe eBay has implemented some new software. >>

Well that would suck! I have a bunch of auctions ending tomorrow. That's gonna kill my "profits"
  • Options
    Had the same problem. Justsnipe "saw" the auction ending some 17 hours after the auction actually closed. Maybe it's due to Halloween ...

NOT good for sellers
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    yer mailwoman just would have jumped up and down on em anyways,you're better offimage
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    It's the Y2K bug.

hmmm...I just had a snipe fail too...I won the auction anyway (surprising) because I was first bidder. Wasn't an expensive item (a whole 15 cents), but one I really wanted and one that I had set to snipe at about 50 times what I won it for. It was a 1992 Cracker Jack Frank Thomas card still in the wrapper to match the 1991 I picked up recently. Board member goye was selling it actually.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it has something to do with the time change this weekend.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    justsnipe has been awsome in past, but they have let me down quite a few times lately. I usually just bid now, unless I don't really care.

But I have noticed that when I enter a small bid early, I haven't had a last second snipe fail.

EDIT: I should just add that ebay is responsible... no doubt.
  • Options
    Well, I put a card on my snipe list a little while ago just to see if it was working.

The auction just ended and it worked just fine. I hope they fixed the problem
  • Options
    Justsnipe does not work if the title has "Emmitt Smith" in it. Apperantly their server doesn't really believe that someone still buys his cards so the entire server shuts down. See what you did Matt?
  • Options

<< <i>Justsnipe does not work if the title has "Emmitt Smith" in it. Apperantly their server doesn't really believe that someone still buys his cards so the entire server shuts down. See what you did Matt? >>

Glad I'm not selling any..lol

I fixed my sigline. You likey?
  • Options

<< <i>Why do bills always seem to get lost in the mail but my baseball cards never do? >>

I will be filing a lawsuit Monday for trademark infringement.
  • Options

<< <i>I set 2 snipes last night for 2 auctions. The auctions ended while I was at work earlier today.

I didn't see the two cards in "items won" on my ebay page so I went to justsnipe. The auctions are still there on the snipe list and it says there is 14 hours left on each one.

Problem is, the auctions ended at about noon today. What the??? >>

Exact same for me...a little peeved to say the least
  • Options
    I guess we should all contact justsnipe and express our displeasure.
  • Options
    all 3 of the auction went for less than half of what I set my snipe, and 2 of the items I really wanted. They all say "auction ended early" in the control panel, which of course wasn't the case. They have never let me down until now. Every time I placed a snipe it fired off 2 just to make sure it went through. Hopefully it was a 1 night thing...
  • Options
    I emailed justsnipe. I would advise everyone else to do the same so this can be resolved quickly

Matt
  • Options
    Here is the official message from Just Snipe --

Friday, October 31, 2008
    eBay Page Format Changed
    Starting around 12:00 of 10/31/08, page format on eBay has been changed and caused problem to our system. The new change rendered our system to miscalculate ending time of auction. Some users may experience snipe being placed too early and some users may experience snipe being placed too late (with error "Auction Ended Early").

Currently, engineer is working to correct the issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

JustSnipe Support
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Time to bid without sniping money to be made.