Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Better Chances getting it slabbed??

Was wondering what people thought about this question...Are the chances better of getting a coin slabbed, for the grade you want, if you pay the 100 dollar 24 hour service at a show then the regular mail-in 15 days?

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    No.

The service you choose has nothing to do with the grade you get as much as it has to do where your submission gets put into the "waiting" line.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No.

The service you choose has nothing to do with the grade you get as much as it has to do where your submission gets put into the "waiting" line. >>

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the graders know what grading tier that a coin was submitted under?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Not in my humble experience.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do they graders know what grading tier that a coin was submitted under? >>

I would expect not with the exception of the bulk graders which may be a totally different operation.

But thats just a whacked out guess!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    tombrtombr Posts: 863 ✭✭
    No
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are the chances better of getting a coin slabbed, for the grade you want >>

Your grading skills determine this. If you know how to grade the grade will be as you expect or darn close to it.

Ken
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your premise were true then you would have undermined the entire paradigm of third party grading services.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file