Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

RARE ULTRA 1976 TYPE 2 IKE

check this out on eBay.
another RARE ULTRA IKE, 1976 ty2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ULTRA-BU-1976-P-TYPE-1-IKE-DOLLAR_W0QQitemZ330282267613QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330282267613&_trkparms=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

item number 330282267613

of Ike coins this is the one that was minted the most.

Text

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Of all the IKEs out there, only two command significant dollars in MS66 and the 1976 Type 1 Philly coin is one of them.

That being said, I can undercut his price because my coins are much rarer as I have quite a bit less than he does! image

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>item number 330282267613

of Ike coins this is the one that was minted the most. >>

Thats not entirely true Mr. President since there is no separation in mintages between the Type 1 and the Type 2 coins. Type 2 Bi-IKEs ( image ) are of much higher quality than their Type 1 Counterparts so even finding an MS64 Type 1 can provide you with a challenge.

Damn. Looks like the price guide is screwed up again!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    You missed the point (see auction picture): it's a uniface coin. There is not other side, just a quantum singularity which bends the light from the other side around again.
    Coinborg: Your distinctive coins will be added to my collection.
    BS&T image : kryptonitecomics, PCcoins (2x), Spoon (7x), Coppercolor, Preussen (2x), Filamcoins, agentjim007, CB2597, DCW, 1960NYGiants
    Ebay: + <waitin'> NEG: Chameleoncoins
    NonBST/Ebay: image Rick's Coins
    WTB: Toners, BU Darkside, Sovs & 20 Mark, LMU/SMU Gold.
  • Options
    At least we got a picture!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    <<Thats not entirely true Mr. President since there is no separation in mintages between the Type 1 and the Type 2 coins. >>

I am not sure what you mean here. (Mintages are known for each type separately in 1976.)
  • Options
    Never mind nit picking Lee.
    Why is the title of this thread type 2? The coins are type 1.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file