Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

pre 1901 Krause

Anyone hav a used copy of a Standard Catalog of World coins, years 1701-1800 and 1801-1900... I need to find a cheap copy for me. I dont have one. I dont need an up to date one. Thanks!

Comments

• I have Older Catalogs Available if anyone is interested.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Todd & Brad,
    The 19th. Century Krause catalogue is coming out on D.V.D. as well as in a book.

You should invest a few dollars in some Krause catalogues on D.V.D..If you also collect banknotes,the Pick catalogues are also out on D.V.D. as well as in books.

Aidan.
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Todd & Brad,
    The 19th. Century Krause catalogue is coming out on D.V.D. as well as in a book.

You should invest a few dollars in some Krause catalogues on D.V.D..If you also collect banknotes,the Pick catalogues are also out on D.V.D. as well as in books.

Aidan. >>

I have the one with the 19th and 20th centuries, but I have found that even on a fast computer it is difficult to search. It takes forever to get to the lower letters in the catalog. Hopefully they have made changes to the format. -Dan
  • I have the Krause cats on DVD but didn't know Pick was out too. I'll check into that one.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Brad,
    I'm really pleased that the Pick catalogues are out,but they could have put it onto C.D. as well.There's still a lot of banknotes that aren't even listed at all,which is a real shame.

Of course,there's still a lot of coins that aren't even listed in the current editions of Krause,including the $1,000,000 gold Maple Leaf (which weighs 100 Kg.!),which I reported for listing in Krause as soon as the bullion medal-coin came out in early 2007.

I don't know how we are going to report in unlisted banknotes & coins,now that Colin R. Bruce II & Randy Thern have retired from Krause Publications.

Aidan.
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am confused. Aiden, are you affiliated with Krause? -Dan
  • Dan,
    I'm not affiliated with Krause at all,but one day,I will be a contributor to the Krause catalogues,after I can get my computer problems sorted out.

I do get their emails with their latest banknote & coin news though.

I also work part-time for a coin dealer as well,& we are very familiar with both Krause & Pick catalogue numbers,as we base our pricing on what is in the catalogues in most cases,but converted into New Zealand Dollars.

Aidan.