Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Monte Irvin TTM

Anyone ever do TTM for him.I tried a houston address but it just came back to me with no reason for return stamped on it so i dont know if its a bad address or what.Any help would be appreciated.Im trying to get autos of alot of the older ball players before they stop signing.

Comments

• Options
    I am pretty sure he charges $20 for a card/flat.Did you enclose a fee?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    turn your pm on and i can send it to you,cant put an address on the boards
    you guys should know who the guy is with all the addysimage
    52 topps last month 10$ flats,25$ balls and bats

pm is under profile, hit allow private messages box,its there in the list somewhere
  • Options
    Ok it on.Thanks for the help on that.No I didnt enclose money but the envelope wasnt even opened just sent back to me.What kind of sase would you recommend?
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Always good for a laugh....

As for as an SASE, I usually use a bubble mailer. I've had very few cards come back with any damage in those, even without a toploader ... which I stopped using due to smudged signatures and problems like the above.

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Never had anything returned from him - he definitely requires the fee though.

That toploader is classic.

I cut two sides of a Card Saver so it opens like a folder, and then slide the card in. Provides protection and it's not hard for the signer to figure out.
  • Options
    I have had over 1200 TTM successes . I have always used just a plain white envelope and only one
    time did i get a card back bent . Like the Rubester said 10 bucks for cards and flats, 25 for balls and bats.

If you happen to be going after HOFers there are quite a few that will sign cheap
    If you are going after negro leaguers a small donation is always appreciated and if you write a
    nice letter , you will most likely get a nice letter and extras back as a thank you . Those guys are
    truly nice guys.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL