Home U.S. Coin Forum

california gold and shill bidding

1857 CALIFORNIA GOLD COIN Item number: 250316258961

You are signed in Watch this item in My eBay

I've already sent a message to this seller indicating the coin is a fake and to stop the auction (a little over an hour left). He's got over

thirty bids on this with one guy bidding about 25 times withing minutes and seconds of each other. I couldn't get a message through to

Ebay and report the fraudulent listing because their system is down right now....if anyone else wants to email this guy before his listing

ends do so now... I know this is a fake coin because I learned the hard way, purchasing three of these from a different seller and then

posting on these threads pictures for verification.....and you all came back with a definate "FAKE" verdict....well maybe I can help save

someone else the time and trouble by intervening on this auction. My seller told me "all sales final, no returns" so I lost on my deal. Time

is of the essence on this one, so act now if you want to besiege him with emails.....
....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles

Comments

• CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    Reported to eBay as a replica being sold as genuine.

• << <i>1857 CALIFORNIA GOLD COIN Item number: 250316258961

You are signed in Watch this item in My eBay

I've already sent a message to this seller indicating the coin is a fake and to stop the auction (a little over an hour left). He's got over

thirty bids on this with one guy bidding about 25 times withing minutes and seconds of each other. I couldn't get a message through to

Ebay and report the fraudulent listing because their system is down right now....if anyone else wants to email this guy before his listing

ends do so now... I know this is a fake coin because I learned the hard way, purchasing three of these from a different seller and then

posting on these threads pictures for verification.....and you all came back with a definate "FAKE" verdict....well maybe I can help save

someone else the time and trouble by intervening on this auction. My seller told me "all sales final, no returns" so I lost on my deal. Time

is of the essence on this one, so act now if you want to besiege him with emails..... >>

If he sold the coins you bought as genuine and you paid with a credit card, it doesn't matter what he says. File a charge back with the CC company and you'll win.

• << <i> My seller told me "all sales final, no returns" so I lost on my deal..... >>

Sales policies will have little meaning in a fraud case.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another of his, with most of the plating worn off:
    LINKY2
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    And the 1859 Indian Head cent from same seller is made from spark erosion dies.

imageimage
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file