Home U.S. Coin Forum

My Dansco 7070 Type Set - Page Two (Half Dimes, Dimes, and Nickels)

Got page two photographed and a web page built. The link will take you to a simple page with group pics of the page. Below that you will find detailed pictures of every coin on the page, as well as the history and story of how a few of these came into my possession, and which ones are the most important. I think it's a neat story anyway. This is my favorite page in the album - check it out.

My Dansco 7070 - Page Two

Comments

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Very nice presentation. That 1916 Mercury is da bomb!!
    Thanks again for sharing!

• slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    nice group. But just to add some constructive critism, you are using too much light at the wrong angle. They also appear to be over-exposed and washed out. Does your camera have manual settings?
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    This is where I burned out too quick when I did a 7070. I got too hung up on having very nice coins in it when I should have just went with circulated coins. I would sit and wait while trying to save money for my next purchase and burned out on the project and just sold everything. I need to do like you did and just find circulated coins that I like. Good job on the set.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that '39 seated HD, and that 1883 Lib Nickel With Cents is a tough coin at that high grade level. Congrats!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is where I burned out too quick when I did a 7070. I got too hung up on having very nice coins in it when I should have just went with circulated coins. I would sit and wait while trying to save money for my next purchase and burned out on the project and just sold everything. I need to do like you did and just find circulated coins that I like. Good job on the set. >>

Thanks - but still not done. Notice on this page there is no 20 center or a Shield Nickel with rays. I say you give it a shot again. Nothing wrong with using nice circulated coins. Many of them can be found by trading what you have, or for sale very inexpensively.
  • Is the obverse of that Merc hairlined?

I love the 7070.
  • PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the obverse of that Merc hairlined? >>

Nope, if you look really really close (especially in hand, or in hand with a loupe) those lines in the left obverse field are flows in the metal.
  • BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭
    Nice job! I'm in the process of putting a 7070 together as well. I'm planning on taking photos when I'm done as well.

Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file