Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Chocolate Gold Coins / Melamine Poison / Halloween Warning - No Joke!!!

ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
A fellow parent sent me an email warning that some chocolate gold coins contain melamine, the same toxin at the center of the tainted baby formula problem that originated in China. You can read about the specifics here.

As a numismatist, I love giving these coins away, and enjoy receiving them when people give them to me - it being Halloween, I thought the coin community should know about this threat.

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Artist, are you a Canadian?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Saw that on the news last night. And its not only chocolate gold coins but Protien powders that one takes as a supplement during after ones workout . image
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    You know, I've been told since I was little (1990s) that you had to be carefull of people who would do things to candy to hurt people. It's pretty sad when the candy, straght from the factory, can do that!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    The lessons to be learned:
    1. Imported food and medicine must be labeled with country of manufacture/origin;
    2. Don't trust the purity or safety of any food or pharmaceutical made in China, not even pet food or toothpaste.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    Bump for the day crew -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file