Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New ebay rules.I may be late posting but

gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

PayPal improves protection for eBay sellers
Hello Al Palmieri,

We've made some fantastic improvements to our Seller Protection policy on eBay and wanted to share the good news. It's now easier than ever to be covered against item-not-received and item-significantly-not-as described claims, chargebacks, and reversals. Additional highlights include:

• No annual coverage limit - Every eligible claim is covered at no additional cost to you.

• International sales coverage - Go ahead, sell worldwide. Seller Protection extends to purchases made by buyers in 190 countries.

• Ship to unconfirmed addresses for eBay sales - Now you can ship to any address and eligible sales are covered.

There's nothing you need to do. These improvements apply to all eBay sellers in the U.S. and are effective immediately. For details, see our complete terms and conditions or click the button below.

This email was sent to alpalmieri@earthlink.net, because your email preferences are set to receive All Policy Change Notices. Unsubscribe

© 2008 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It's about time they extended that coverage to all sellers, instead of just powersellers.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭
    Indeed! Too bad that wasn't in place when my 1798 DBHE dollar never arrived. A shame I gotta go the class action route to get any recovery....
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good but read the complete terms and conditions.
    Pretty sure it says does not extend coverage to items-significantly-not-as-described claims, chargebacks, and reversals.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds good but read the complete terms and conditions.
    Pretty sure it says if the seller dosent have the funds in their paypal account you wont get paid.
    I >>

The thread isn't about buyer protection.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    A picture speaks a thousand words!

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Oopsie....

<< <i>Hello ********,

PayPal recently launched some fantastic improvements to Seller Protection for items purchased on eBay. You should have received an email from us describing these improvements.

Unfortunately, this email incorrectly states that it's now easier than ever to be covered against items-significantly-not-as-described and items-not-received claims, chargebacks, and reversals. To clarify, the email should have said it's now easier than ever to be covered against unauthorized payments and items-not-received claims, chargebacks, and reversals. Our improved Seller Protection does not extend coverage to items-significantly-not-as-described claims, chargebacks, and reversals. >>

• Options
    I should point out...

All that bacon Paypal puts on the plate means nothing if someone does a chargeback by way of Visa...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file