Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT - all paypal echecks "messed up"

this, per a PayPal rep named Annie, a few moments ago...

Comments

• Options
    I can confirm this, I've been working with them to fix one.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    So, any luck on getting your echeck turned loose today?

They're still sitting on mine. I got a notice it's cleared, but it still showing unclaimed. What a crock. They say it's OK to ship, ...yeah, right.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one and cleared today, amount went into my account
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭
    So the saga of the PayPal echeck continues...................you suppose folks are trying to cancel them?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    How long is everyone's money being held up?
  • Options
    eww. that's a pain
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    The person I spoke with yesterday said that they were going to issue a credit to me but that has not happened.

I'm calling again today and I'm going to try and get a supervisor. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Of course CC payments are going right through.....
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    ditto on the credit here, I just talked to them again. They say their credits are "running a little slow."

I knew I was in trouble yesterday when talking to Annie, she spoke in terms of days to get the echeck problem straightened out on their end, not just minutes or hours. This tells me they have an idea of what's wrong and just aren't saying how badly their computers are hacked/fried.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Did this happen in an attempt of them trying to fix something that wasn't broken?
  • Options
    I noticed something odd going on with them about the time I was expecting an echeck to clear.

I got a notice from P/P (without their logo on it) that I had to "claim" the echeck by filling out a Supplemental Merchant Information form. Needless to say, I thought bs and emailed a complaint about the matter.

Within minutes I got another email notice that, in fact, my buyer's echeck had cleared. I went to my P/P account to verify the info and found the entry still noted as unclaimed.

That's when I called and first spoke with them. I asked them if they were notifying buyers that their echecks weren't going through and Annie just said that they would probably notify them some way. Who knows though?
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I noticed something odd going on with them about the time I was expecting a echeck to clear.

I got a notice from P/P (without their logo on it) that I had to "claim" the echeck by filling out a Supplemental Merchant Information form. Needless to say, I thought bs and emailed a complaint about the matter.

Within minutes I got another email notice that, in fact, my buyer's echeck had cleared. I went to my P/P account to verify the info and found the entry still noted as unclaimed.

That's when I called and first spoke with them. I asked them if they were notifying buyers that their echecks weren't going through and Annie just said that they would probably notify them some way. Who knows though? >>

The need to claim the echeck is a known system glitch.
  • Options
    jsf, the exact same thing happend to me. I called and told them that I did not want to fill out that form because I don't do $10K/month with them in business. They had also pushed back the clearing date of the eCheck by a day as well.

I just got off the phone with them and they said that I should have my credit in 2 hours after I complained about the 2-3 days they were trying to make me wait.

I agree they have a serious problem with this, but as I told them, it isn't my problem so why should I suffer for it.

I will admit I've been using PP for 8 years and most of the time everything works as it should.
  • Options
    I guess we have to take echecks if we take P/P?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I have disliked the e-check system for years. It only causes confusion and delay with no real benefit to the service.
  • Options
    I think so, but I like eChecks because they only cost $5 and it gives me a little more time to get ready to ship.

I did receive my credit. This was in the details:

Subject: 10-21 Abort Error Message Issue

Is that bad?
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    OK, I have three auctions that recently ended that I guess paid with e-check? (The hourglass symbol on my ebay page) When I look at the auction page the message at the top says this: "Payment was initiated on October 27, 2008 and is being processed through PayPal". But on my paypal page it shows nothing of these payments. I had thought that when a payment was being processed that on my paypal page it should show the payment and say "pending". Am I having the same problem as others or am I ok?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    bump for my question

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    I have an echeck that is still unclaimed as well even though I got the email saying that the funds have posted to my account. But the funds have not posted.
  • Options
    I still have 2 in my account saying "unclaimed" with no way to claim them; as well as two disgruntled buyers wanting their auction wins.image
  • Options
    so what can we do? Two of mine are now five days removed since their payment.

• Options
    I also received a temporary credit from P/P, supposedly good until they clear up my echeck, then they'll reimburse themselves I suppose.

NOTE, I had received notice that my buyer's echeck had cleared, it's just that when I went to verify it on P/P, nothing showed as cleared, neither on My eBay either, the hour glass symbol someone mentioned. P/P has stressed that it is OK to ship the item.
  • Options
    I still have a payment in Unclaimed status with no way to claim the funds. I did get a credit and I did ship the item, but the buyer can't get his cashback until this completes!

I'm going to call PP again, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has cleared this up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file