Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Shipping cards to PSA

I live in Calgary and am looking for the best way to ship cards to PSA. The package will be valued at approx $5000 but no shipper in Canada will insure sports cards. How do people do it then? And also, do people pay duty when getting the cards back?

Comments

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I live in Calgary and am looking for the best way to ship cards to PSA. The package will be valued at approx $5000 but no shipper in Canada will insure sports cards. How do people do it then? And also, do people pay duty when getting the cards back? >>

Send FedEx. They don't care what you're insuring as long as you pay for it.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards cheezer!

Brian
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Also, when paying for return shipping, I would reccommend FedEx as well. I have a sub coming back that was shipped out on the 22nd of October that still hasnt come back yet (Tennessee). 8 days for registered mail for the price you pay is ridiculous.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>

<< <i>I live in Calgary and am looking for the best way to ship cards to PSA. The package will be valued at approx $5000 but no shipper in Canada will insure sports cards. How do people do it then? And also, do people pay duty when getting the cards back? >>

Send FedEx. They don't care what you're insuring as long as you pay for it. >>

Hi cheezer,

Welcome to the boards!

PoppaJ
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    This board just got cheesier.....

WELCOME !
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Will end up paying brokerage fees using Fed-Ex. A 5.00 dollar fee if customs decides just to open it to verify that it is sports cards, then you will pay GST and PST on the value you insured the cards.
    Trust me i know !! That's when i said screw this and opened a US P.O.Box because i live just across from Detroit.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. Cheeeeeese. Yeah, didn't we lock you in a dumpster one time?
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys disappoint me. >>

Now you know how Tonya feels.

Edited to add: Not that guys disappoint her, I meant that you do on a nightly basis. That is all.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Ah a quote from Old School. Classic movie.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    hi cheezer-image
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys disappoint me. >>

Now you know how Tonya feels.

Edited to add: Not that guys disappoint her, I meant that you do on a nightly basis. That is all. >>

Not anymore Nick. I take many internet pills.