Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Upset of the Week - Bengals Get 1st Win

I am somewhere around 12 for 12 on my CU forum picks this year. (Which should have told me not to try to curse the Phillies by overstating a win for them). So I figured I would go once again at throwing one of the those upset picks.

The Bengals get it done at home this week. Getting their first win in the season, the Bengals start to turn their season around (about 8 weeks late) and will finish with just enough to lose a top three draft slot. "Sometimes when you win, you lose." My over under this week is 34.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    not exactly going out on a limb, Jax has not looked good and their O line is a mess. Cincy has weapons, but someone forgot to turn the safety off on the gun.

JS
  • Options
    I imagine it is true is not way out there, however all the betting lines I have seen have Jax up by over 7 pts., and Bengals have yet to win a single game. I think most would call that an upset.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Congrats to the Bengals on their first win.
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats to the Bengals on their first win. >>

Wasn't even televised here in Columbus, just broadcast on AM radio.

I see Detroit remains perfect! image
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Wow, heck of a good pick Meteorite Guy. You're seriously my hero on these boards in the last month. Can you pick my stocks too?
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Excellent call.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Great call!
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats to the Bengals on their first win. >>

Real nice call. I was terrified that the Ravens were going to be the one. :image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pick again Meteor! image

And never mind Communist Joe Stalin, its always a great pick when its a team that lost seven or so to start the season.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick...care to take the Lions this week against the Jags, too?
  • Options
    No Jags are a good team, not the team they were last year, but they should put the Lions away with ease.
  • Options

<< <i>The Bengals get it done at home this week. Getting their first win in the season, the Bengals start to turn their season around (about 8 weeks late) and will finish with just enough to lose a top three draft slot. "Sometimes when you win, you lose." My over under this week is 34. >>

Very sad, yet likely true.